Golden Baseball League logo

TBGKon

What Reds rip-off? It's a Chicago Bears rip-off... no wait, it's the Cleveland Indians... yeah okay so it's an independent minor league baseball team in Chico... did we really expect anything innovative from a league with that San Diego Surf Dogs logo that reminds me of the "cool" sidekick that Homer Simpson did the voice of? *LOL*

What Reds rip-off? It's a Chicago Bears rip-off... no wait, it's the Cleveland Indians... yeah okay so it's an independent minor league baseball team in Chico... did we really expect anything innovative from a league with that San Diego Surf Dogs logo that reminds me of the "cool" sidekick that Homer Simpson did the voice of? *LOL*

I'd have to say the GBL is one of the best designed minor leagues in the world, in terms of team branding.

---

Chris Creamer
Founder/Editor, SportsLogos.Net

"The Mothership" News Facebook X/Twitter Instagram

... did we really expect anything innovative from a league with that San Diego Surf Dogs logo that reminds me of the "cool" sidekick that Homer Simpson did the voice of? *LOL*

Actually, aside from each of the dogs holding a surfboard and wearing a baseball cap, these two characters aren't even close to resembling one another.

Southpaw - Mascot of the San Diego Surf Dawgs

SanDiegoSurfDawgs.GIF

Poochie - Character on The Simpsons

200px-Poochie.gif

Is it because Poochie's wearing shades or that he isn't as scruffy? There are some good designs in there that are original and not just rips of other teams IMO. The Outlaws "C" has been around for a while and is like block numbers in football. Almost every one has worn them.

... did we really expect anything innovative from a league with that San Diego Surf Dogs logo that reminds me of the "cool" sidekick that Homer Simpson did the voice of? *LOL*

Actually, aside from each of the dogs holding a surfboard and wearing a baseball cap, these two characters aren't even close to resembling one another.

"Reminds me of" != looks exactly like

Just in case you were wondering, that Chico is where I happen to live.

Not changing until the Dallas Stars give all their pre-Dallas history, logos, colors, unis, name, etc. to the Minnesota Wild.

Archived