Pirates Concept

maz

I usually dont do baseball concepts since theres only so much you can do with them {thats why i mainly make hockey ones} but after a really messed up nationals concept a long time ago {Gregjigga would remember that one} , ive decided to try my hand at baseball once again.

Here it is.

BucsConceptt.png

Arrrrg.

oBIgzrL.png

I like it, its ok. I would make the number font on the back smaller, its huge. I am not really diggin the script on the blcak jersey. It does'nt look Pirate-ish, Arrrrg. Good cocept, not ourageous,

DRew

Eagles/Heels/Dawgs/Falcons/Hawks

The piping is awfully thick. You need gold trim on the names and numbers. Do you intend to arch the names? The black alt doesn't fit the whole package, just like the old black alt they had.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Add gold trim to the names and numbers, and just say no to Brush Script. Otherwise, I like them.

For the black ones, try a different script font like Philly Sport Script, Licious Script, Grocers Script, or Holly Script.

Save the slugalo.

Okay, now maybe consider doing something with the names. Either radial arch, or vertical. You COULD leave them straight, but nobody's really doing that these days.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Okay, now maybe consider doing something with the names. Either radial arch, or vertical. You COULD leave them straight, but nobody's really doing that these days.

Along with arching/arcing the names, scrap the alt entirely. Contrast-colored sleeves aren't working, and if it's a vest, vests don't work as well if they're not white or gray, because then you're stuck doing what you did - a vest in one untraditional color with an undershirt of a second color. And the script font doesn't work.

Beyond that, I like the concept. I'm not crazy about light colored lettering on gray road uniforms (like the gold), but it'd be OK with a thicker black outline.

See? You're making some progress - I remember the Nats set also, and I was not a fan. These, I can work with. ^_^

"Start spreading the news... They're leavin' today... Won't get to be a part of it... In old New York..."

2007nleastchamps.png

In order for the Mets' run of 12 losses in 17 games to mean something, the Phillies still had to win 13 of 17.

BucsConcepttt2.png

Bolded black outline.

Tried arching names.

Scraped alt. {looked pretty sharp to me but it didnt go with the rest very well}

Theres not much more i can do with this idea. Thanks for the advice guys. Any more C&C you may have go ahead and say it.

oBIgzrL.png

Not bad. I think the vested look however is very Mazerowski/Clemente and should continue to be their look. It's might be one of the best identities in baseball today. Yankees, Cubs, Cardinals and Red Sox excluded... I'd put the Dodgers in there but with no names on the back that home jersey looks like a mistake... too bad

Fred Gehrke

I like using gold lettering on the gray jersey. Nice job with that. Follow everyone's advice (about the name arching, alt, and numbers) and you'll have a decent concept.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Archived