132nd Kentucky Derby

rainmaker17

I don't have to much luck with the ponies, but here goes....

11. Sweetnorhernsaint (the only gelding in the field and he's PISSED about it, decent odds)

18. Brother Derek (the favorite)

8. Barbaro (another favorite)

5. Point Determined (The Fox guy called him the dumbest horse in the derby, so I'm pulling for him)

So there you go: 11-18-8-5

newsig.jpg

I don't like horse racing, or the atmosphre that goes with it, but I always seem to watch one of the big races (usually the Kentucky Derby)

I'll go with...Sweetnorthernsaint (a totally random guess, I like that he's got a grudge)

What time does the race start? I really don't care about the coverage before it.

Sorry if this has nothing to do with the race, but before the race was starting they were showing the people that attended. I glanced quickly and thought I saw Ludacris there. Does anyone know if that was him??

Sorry if this has nothing to do with the race, but before the race was starting they were showing the people that attended. I glanced quickly and thought I saw Ludacris there. Does anyone know if that was him??

Yea, that was Ludacris. They showed him while they were signing the traditional "My Old Kentucky Home" song. Which he obviously didn't know.

I also saw that they interviewed Peyton Manning, Tom Brady and Jewel and her professional bull riding boyfriend (husband?).

It was a good race though. That Barbaro really looked good. Now we just have to listen to the Triple Crown hype forever. <_<

PopHeading-1.gif

Yea, that was Ludacris. They showed him while they were signing the traditional "My Old Kentucky Home" song. Which he obviously didn't know.

I also saw that they interviewed Peyton Manning, Tom Brady and Jewel and her professional bull riding boyfriend (husband?).

It was a good race though. That Barbaro really looked good. Now we just have to listen to the Triple Crown hype forever. <_<

Well, for once, the triple crown hype may be deserved. THis horse won by 6 1/2 lengths, the longest since triple crown winner Assault in 1946. And in a field that was supposed to be the strongest in the 132 year history, the hype is justified, and will not be as annoying.

Well, for once, the triple crown hype may be deserved. THis horse won by 6 1/2 lengths, the longest since triple crown winner Assault in 1946. And in a field that was supposed to be the strongest in the 132 year history, the hype is justified, and will not be as annoying.

Yea, I understand he looks really good and he has a legit shot at doing it. But every year there is a horse that is "destined" to win it and falls short. It just gets repetitive and boring.

Don?t get me wrong though, I really would like to see history made this year

PopHeading-1.gif

Well Barbaro did it- and did anyone notice that the Yum! brands logo made it onto all of the horses' saddle silks?

That's because there are going to be lots of dogs saying that when the 19 loser horses "break a leg" and become Alpo Beef 'n Chicken...

Yeah, that was him and he was seated with Smokey Robinson and one of the guys from ZZ Top. Very surreal.

I think Barbaro has the best chance to win the Triple Crown of all the horses this year... :D

breesgates7kl.giflt8su.gif

Thanks to OB33 for the Tecmo Bowl sig

Archived