NBA Uniform/Logo Changes For 2006-07

rebelx

Sorry to double post but found that very fun and funky Bucks jersey... WOW...

http://pro-jerseys.com/images/jerseys/bucks-34g-l.jpg

Now that's getting the green back into the Bucks identity... Take notice.

You sound similar to someone who keeps getting banned......... <_<

You know, I was thinking, there's a good chance the Grizzlies and/or Jazz have alts in the works for next year, as this will be the third year for their newer color schemes. I've accepted the possibility that the Grizzlies could participate in the recent trend of yellow alts, and I'm not sure how great that would look for them. They could also use the smoky blue, which would be much more subtle. If the Jazz do an alt, I figure they'll just go with their sky blue. However, since purple is still part of their logo, this might be a chance for them to use it in their unis again. Purple's been part of their uniforms from day one, so fans would probably be happy to have it back.

Can the Sixers finally ditch the black. I'm sick of it, completely sick of it. Go back to the mid-90s set. They got rid of it after Iverson's first year, and I think it was great.

Bring back the Whale!

A guy that worked in the NBA offices sent me this about the guy that oversaw the uniform approvals for NBA teams who is leaving after this season. He said that he was pretty conservative and that this might help get the new uniforms to have more cutting edge styles.

I guess since he was the braodcasting guy, the uniforms who need to be approved through him to make sure the numbers and colors worked on TV. Maybe we'll see some more funkier stuff like the Phoenis Suns Barkley jerseys and the alternate Bucks green uniforms from the mid 90's

which were very cool...

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

From David Stern/NY/NBA

05/04/2006 11:51 AM

To

cc

Subject

Gregg Winik

Gregg Winik has informed me that, after 16 years at the NBA, he will be leaving following this year's Finals and Draft to launch a new media company.  From his early days here working as supervising producer on a groundbreaking show, NBA Inside Stuff, to spearheading our broadcasting, television, event and new media programming and production, Gregg has played an essential role in the extraordinary growth of NBA Entertainment and has helped shape the NBA experience in every medium.  We are fortunate that Gregg's talents and ingenuity, as well as his passion for our game and our league, will be available to us in an ongoing advisory role.  Please join me in expressing our enduring gratitude to Gregg and in wishing him the best of luck in his new endeavor.

The attached press release will be issued today.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Doesn't this sort of leaking of information sound very much like the same sort of leaking of information complained about in this guy's blog? eg releasing information about uniforms before the public hears about it.

Oh, and I've got a site.

Footy Jumpers Dot Com

It seems like NBA jerseys are going downhill ever since Reebok took over the rights or is it just me.

Well Adidas IS taking over next year. Whether that's a good or bad thing is yet to be determined.

A few years ago I got a smokin' deal on a Nike Authentic NFL jersey right after Reebok took over and the same on a Rawlings MLB jersey when Majestic took over the exclusive rights. Does anyone think we'll see some ridiculous sales/clearances on Reebok NBA apparel anytime soon?

asu-tillman-in-memory-banner.jpg

Does anyone think we'll see some ridiculous sales/clearances on Reebok NBA apparel anytime soon?

You might...but I believe adidas owns Reebok, so I don't know how they're going to do that. I know that Nike NBA stuff was really cheap when Reebok took over the league.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

Archived