NBA Uniform/Logo Changes For 2006-07

rebelx

Anybody know what changes teams are planning on making? I've heard that Milwaukee is changing unis and logos (hopefully back to their cool forest green and red combo from days of yore), New Jersey is going to have a road alternate again (this time red), and that Orlando may be introducing an alternate road jersey (I'd assume black). But I don't know of any other plans. Fill me in, if you can. ^_^

Celts will be adding a shamrock to the top/back of all unis - home, road, road alt. (St Patty version already had it)

That makes me extremely angry. As a Bulls fan, I was pissed when the Bulls put the logo on the back. I think it is amateur garbage, and looks like crap. But that is just me.

There was no reason to screw up a classic look like the C's have. The shamrock on the waist is fine, but this is horrible.

OldRomanSig2.jpg

That makes me extremely angry. As a Bulls fan, I was pissed when the Bulls put the logo on the back. I think it is amateur garbage, and looks like crap. But that is just me.

There was no reason to screw up a classic look like the C's have. The shamrock on the waist is fine, but this is horrible.

I agree.

The Raptors are rumoured to have a new uni for next year.

Celts will be adding a shamrock to the top/back of all unis - home, road, road alt. (St Patty version already had it)

i completely agree... i also don't like that the cards and vikes do it in he nfl now.

the mavs are one of the few teams that can pull off the back-logo, imo... and that's because it isn't a logo, really. it's just a star, to tie it in with the rest of the dallas sports teams.

also, i think it works better on modern designs.

on the celts and bulls classics, i think it's a shame.

Net's alt red looks good . But Raptors are doing a Uni makeover , Magic alt could be sliver . But I agree with the Bulls Fan about logo on the back of the jersey I think it looks like crap , but I don't know how true it is , but I heard from family up in chicago that the Bulls may add a 4th color to the mix . :evil: ... 2 change the team image but not do anything with the logo . ? last the lakers white may become the regular home jersey .

#DTWD #GoJaguars

If the Magic decide to wear a silver alt, look out! Last team that tried a silver alt was the Mavericks a couple of years ago, and that expirement lasted all of one game. I don't remember who said it, but they were right on when they said Dallas looked like they were wearing "aluminum foil". :D

A lot ot the problem is with the fabrics used...little-known fact: those Dark Silver Mavericks' alts used the same exact color that the now-unused Gray alts that New Jersey just dropped.

The difference was in the fabrics.

i liked the silver garbage bag jerseys... i thought they looked cool as hell. i wanted to buy a van exel replica, but they all sold out quickly, suprisingly.

that said, i prefer the green ones. the green ones are my favorite current mavs jersey.

bulls adding a color? magic wearing silver? lakers wearing primarily white at home? never heard of any of those, would be interesting to see though.

I don't know how true it is , but I heard from family up in chicago that the Bulls may add a 4th color to the mix . :evil: ... 2 change the team image but not do anything with the logo . ? last the lakers white may become the regular home jersey .

1. add a 4th color, BAD IDEA!

2. change the Bulls image, WORSE IDEA

hope its not true. I can't see the Bulls in another color with the red n' black.

"Everyone has good and bad days".

Lakers white becoming the regular home uniform? Why the hell would they do that? Their yellow is unique, and the best in the NBA as far as I'm concerned. And I hate the Lakers.

How long did it take to come up with those Nets alts? 5 seconds? 10?

Celtics and Bulls need to lose the upper back logo. Looks like we all agree it's a bad idea.

And I really hope any talk of the Bulls changing their image is unfounded. Not only do they look great as it is (I'm not including that silly black thing), but I'm pretty sure the franchise had a bit of success with this look.

I heard from family up in chicago that the Bulls may add a 4th color to the mix . :evil: ... 2 change the team image but not do anything with the logo . ? last the lakers white may become the regular home jersey .

I actually like the back logo (heh, doesn't detract from the look in my view). a fourth color, however...can you say subtraction by addition? I can't really imagine what color the Bulls would add without looking like another team. another thing I know, they must never take the diamond off the shorts, they would no longer look like the Bulls.

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

I heard from family up in chicago that the Bulls may add a 4th color to the mix .  :evil: ... 2 change the team image but not do anything with the logo . ? last the lakers white may become the regular home jersey .

I actually like the back logo (heh, doesn't detract from the look in my view). a fourth color, however...can you say subtraction by addition? I can't really imagine what color the Bulls would add without looking like another team. another thing I know, they must never take the diamond off the shorts, they would no longer look like the Bulls.

Probably just like the Blazers, then Pacers did, just add some silver accents.

A guy that worked in the NBA offices sent me this about the guy that oversaw the uniform approvals for NBA teams who is leaving after this season. He said that he was pretty conservative and that this might help get the new uniforms to have more cutting edge styles.

I guess since he was the braodcasting guy, the uniforms who need to be approved through him to make sure the numbers and colors worked on TV. Maybe we'll see some more funkier stuff like the Phoenis Suns Barkley jerseys and the alternate Bucks green uniforms from the mid 90's

which were very cool...

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

From David Stern/NY/NBA

05/04/2006 11:51 AM

To

cc

Subject

Gregg Winik

Gregg Winik has informed me that, after 16 years at the NBA, he will be leaving following this year's Finals and Draft to launch a new media company.  From his early days here working as supervising producer on a groundbreaking show, NBA Inside Stuff, to spearheading our broadcasting, television, event and new media programming and production, Gregg has played an essential role in the extraordinary growth of NBA Entertainment and has helped shape the NBA experience in every medium.  We are fortunate that Gregg's talents and ingenuity, as well as his passion for our game and our league, will be available to us in an ongoing advisory role.  Please join me in expressing our enduring gratitude to Gregg and in wishing him the best of luck in his new endeavor.

The attached press release will be issued today.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Archived