Tank Stumper 5/13/06

NJTank

Once again you do a disservice to the people trying to play along with your little game of trivia. Please be specific when you ask these questions as your integrity is at stake.

Baseball history? Kinf of broad category isn't it? Major leagues? Modern era? Before 1876? After 1900? Minor Leagues? How about the House of David teams? They had some record setters that I could answer and be right......based on the wide open phrasing of this.

Please, give trivia it's due respect. Or leave it to the professionals.

Thanks.,

Once again you do a disservice to the people trying to play along with your little game of trivia. Please be specific when you ask these questions as your integrity is at stake.

Baseball history? Kinf of broad category isn't it? Major leagues? Modern era? Before 1876? After 1900? Minor Leagues? How about the House of David teams? They had some record setters that I could answer and be right......based on the wide open phrasing of this.

Thanks.,

who the funk do u think u are???

hes been doing this a long time and you should probably not piss anybody off when ur new!!!

PS--- quit being a dumbass

RaysHat.giforegonsig.gifDevilRaysRetroHat2.gif

iOnce again you do a disservice to the people trying to play along with your little game of trivia. Please be specific when you ask these questions as your integrity is at stake.

Thanks.,

Since when has NJTank's integrity been at stake....idiot <_<

Thanks.,

Wow...just wow.

It's been nice knowing you. After the aforementioned Ronald Reagan (although IMO this fight would be like going after the entire 5th Fleet with a rubber band) gets through with you, there won't be a whole lot left. How about you give us some credit and know that he means the majors. <_<

Also-"trivia professionals?" Tell me what FTPE, the following acronyms mean...NAQT, ACF, TRASH. :rolleyes:<_<

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Whoa...whoa...whoa people.

This was not a personal attack on NJYTank. Just his "Stumper" thing.

It doesn't matter if I'm member 8,878,000 on this great forum or number 1 on the Billboard Hot 100 chart. Content is King. And Tankie has bad content. Pure and simple. If he's been getting away with it for a long time, that's fine. But it don't make it right.

I'm a member of SABR - the pre-eminent stat site in the professional sports world. My standing there trumps any lame baseball trivia on any site in the universe, Fact, Jack!!!!!! I know my baseball trivia and how a proper question should be phrased.

I'm also a mod at baseball fever and if you go on there with his weak stuff, you get embarrassed. So I'm doing the guy - and this community - a favor by trying to put a stop to this weak-azzz tripe.

Word trivia properly or don't take the time to waste our time.

Pretty simple.

Thanks for your understanding and support.

It doesn't matter if I'm member 8,878,000 on this great forum or number 1 on the Billboard Hot 100 chart. Content is King. And Tankie has bad content. Pure and simple. If he's been getting away with it for a long time, that's fine. But it don't make it right.

I'm a member of SABR - the pre-eminent stat site in the professional sports world. My standing there trumps any lame baseball trivia on any site in the universe, Fact, Jack!!!!!! I know my baseball trivia and how a proper question should be phrased.

I'm also a mod at baseball fever and if you go on there with his weak stuff, you get embarrassed. So I'm doing the guy - and this community - a favor by trying to put a stop to this weak-azzz tripe.

Pretty simple.

First off, you're not even getting a rubber band.

Second, your statement applies only if you are a hyper-anal baseball statistics psycho. :wacko:

The rest of us have no problem with the trivia.

Anywho, stat obsessed freaks like you are one of the reasons why I like football and hockey more than baseball.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Indeed, we're all just regular joes. We don't go home each day and read the encylopedia of baseball, and after that, read a grammar book which will teach you how to pose a question.

We get the point, if I was to ask who's scored the most goals in hockey. Am I talking about the NHL, AHL, IHL, ECHL, Swiss League, German, Russian etc. we're not stupid we get the frikken point.

Well I as looking for the modern era. I dont expect any body to know who holds the record of anything before 1900 since the game was completely different and developing. Any way very good Mad Mack he answered the question covering both ends.

As for you skratchmo we hagve dealt with your kind here before knowit alls who are no longer able to post here liek James Craven and NotoriousAP, and several others. You are quickly heading down that path.

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

You're also apparently an anal-retentive idiot, Tommy boy.

But I digress... this isn't your community. Do it a real service. Go back home.

nav-logo.png

Pretty simple.

you are not required to answer the trivia. If you dont like his style... dont read.

simple.

done.

twitter_zps93c9c8f9.png @josh_j12 smbelt_zps438edf04.png

CFA- Fargo Bobcats

I am sorry but some of you guys are flat out pricks. The guy had a good point Baseball History is a VERY broad category. Maybe he could have just shut up at that but thats his thing. I read these boards almost everyday and you people just completly bash anyone who questions anything that you dont agree with, or someone simply putting something in the wrong category. Its just plain stupid. And I know because I read this a lot that I will now be bashed because of me saying that some of you are pricks. But it just pisses me off to see people doing that kind of stuff just because they think that because they have been around the longest they can bash others.

Pretty simple.

Have fun at SABR because you are now :banned: better luck next time MOJO

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

Pretty simple.

Have fun at SABR because you are now :banned: better luck next time MOJO

nelson.gif

HA ha!

VmWIn6B.png

I am sorry but some of you guys are flat out pricks. The guy had a good point Baseball History is a VERY broad category. Maybe he could have just shut up at that but thats his thing. I read these boards almost everyday and you people just completly bash anyone who questions anything that you dont agree with, or someone simply putting something in the wrong category. Its just plain stupid. And I know because I read this a lot that I will now be bashed because of me saying that some of you are pricks. But it just pisses me off to see people doing that kind of stuff just because they think that because they have been around the longest they can bash others.

Sproullie,

First, no one's going to bash you for stating your opinion. You're entitled to it, just as everyone here is entitled to theirs.

How an opinion is expressed, however, is usually more important around here than the opinion itself. If someone comes off as a prick, they usually get prick-like behavior back in kind - and in quantity... and, frankly, deservedly so.

I'm a smartass by nature. I don't deny it for a minute, and most people who've been here for a while know that, but despite my nature I try as best I can not to seem like an arrogant, self-centered, holier than thou message board troll. This guy wore arrogance like a badge of honor - and he got called to the carpet by the board's elders for it.

It's not about who's been here how long. It's about what people who are here do, and how they go about doing it. If someone gives creative, constructive criticism about how Tank writes his questions, I'm sure Tank would listen to it, just as sure as I accept constructive criticism about things I do in my life. But the guy who starts spouting off immediately with "I'm a member of SABR" and what-not is the guy who immediately gets tuned out.

nav-logo.png

Archived