Nhl all-star game uniforms unveiled

RyanB06

I like the old school design for a Minnesota ASG.  To me it says, yeah, the host team is an expansion team playing in a 21st Century, state of the art arena, but don't forget that Minnesota has a strong hockey heritage that spans the decades.  I like throwback uniforms but there's just something anachronistic about a guy wearing a throwback NHL sweater but also wearing a helmet with a visor.  As for the color choice on the 2004 uniforms - it's okay, but as long as they were leaning retro I would have preferred black, orange and white.

********* POST 700 ***********

I think that qualifies me for the official tote bag and coffee mug.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A small update to the NHL All-Star jerseys.

http://www.wild.com/allstar/003/744/

The pic is small, but it confirms the use of the players team logo on the left shoulder and the absence of the flag of the players home country.

It also gives a small hint to the font used on them if you check out the sleeves. To my relief, it looks like they did not adopt the Wild's alternate numbers and instead chose one that looks pretty nice and one I believe is not in use by any team already.

JeffB

HansonsSig.jpg

Click here to read Third String Goalie - The Hockey Jersey of the Day Blog

Click here to see my hockey and baseball jersey collection online

?You don?t like to see 20 kids punching 20 other kids. But it?s not a disgrace, It?s hockey.? - Michael Farber

couple things i dont like:

1. the socks are opposite colors of the jerseys (east had red socks on cream jerseys and west has cream socks on green jerseys)

2. the black pants. they should go with red pants for the east with 2 creme stripes and green pants for the west with 2 creme stripes.

there is also an error on the east jersey they show the tie string as red but in the actual pic its creme. the font they have appears to be pretty decent looking and with 2 stripes on the number.  and does anyone know the helmet color situation yet?

n193600158_30266861_5084.jpg

UserBar_CCSLC.jpg

Well here's some "breaking news!" *cue dramatic music!* There is a country patch! It goes on the back of the jersey below the collar. The team patch goes on the left shoulder and the allstar patch on the right. The captain and assistant patches go on the right side above the word (western or eastern), yes there is room. I checked it out on the Wild store by trying to order my own jersey and they ask for a country patch and such. Just thought you'd like to know.

Well here's some "breaking news!" *cue dramatic music!* There is a country patch! It goes on the back of the jersey below the collar.

What a weird place for it. That's just...odd. I imagine a Koho or CCM patch there as well.

Sounds a bit crowded with the brand, country and player name all competing for space.

JeffB

HansonsSig.jpg

?You don?t like to see 20 kids punching 20 other kids. But it?s not a disgrace, It?s hockey.? - Michael Farber

Several things I don't like.

1. Captain patch above the script so it will read "C Western" or "C Eastern" etc. Stupid. My idea: Place the C/A where it always is, move NHL patch to right shoulder. I see no real need for the allstar game patch.

2. Cream as a base color. I like using cream in the trim, but the Western sock and East jersey should be white. Ideally, the Western sock would be green, but...

3. Mismatching socks.

4. Country flag. No need since it's east/west.

5. Arm stripes up that high.

6. Black pants.

7. I'd go with a classic font.

From looking at the NHL catalog, when laid out flat, the jerseys have 5 stars on the hem, not 6. Also, both jerseys are made by CCM and their logo is on the left cuff. Additionally, the laces on the neck are cream on the East jerseys. Finally, the diagonal letters don't start as high as the wild website shows. They have half of the top letter above the NHL shield when I believe the letters start about 1/2-2/3 way down the NHL shield.

I have a concept for the East coming that has my changes. I'll stop being lazy and finish it soon and post it.

EDIT:  I decided to have the Allstar patch.  But then what to do about the NHL patch?  Hmmm... see what I came up with.

I also made a simple E-star logo for the pants and helmet.

Eastern

Well here's some "breaking news!" *cue dramatic music!* There is a country patch! It goes on the back of the jersey below the collar.

What a weird place for it. That's just...odd. I imagine a Koho or CCM patch there as well.

Sounds a bit crowded with the brand, country and player name all competing for space.

JeffB

Actually, it's not that crowded. I wish I had a picture to prove it, but I don't. The WHL (just like the OHL and the QMJHL) has their jerseys supplied by CCM. The CCM logo is below the neckline, and the local WHL team (Winter Hawks) wears an American flag beneath the CCM. All it does is lower the nameplate a little bit. It's really not that bad...

EDIT---I found a picture.  I can't remote-load the image, so click here to check it out.

4409811293_559b1d05dd_o.jpg

Actually, it's not that crowded. I wish I had a picture to prove it, but I don't. The WHL (just like the OHL and the QMJHL) has their jerseys supplied by CCM. The CCM logo is below the neckline, and the local WHL team (Winter Hawks) wears an American flag beneath the CCM. All it does is lower the nameplate a little bit. It's really not that bad...

EDIT---I found a picture. I can't remote-load the image, so click here to check it out.

That's starting to look a little NASCAR with the CCM, flag, name and number all back there!  :laugh:

JeffB

HansonsSig.jpg

I'm tellin' ya, the manufacturer logo is on the left cuff. Both jerseys made by CCM.

OK,

Have you seen an actual authentic All-Star jersey, or just the photos on the web?  Without actualy seeing an authentic yet, I'd have to assume that the photos on the web are actualy replicas.  If you have seen an actual jersey, or have access to one, do you know if they are using that "furry" material on the Wild alt for the NHL crest?  Or the lettering?

Thanks in advance, Moose

Archived