Nhl all-star game uniforms unveiled

RyanB06

I think if they went with the Rangers-style lettering for "WESTERN" and "EASTERN" like they did in the '80s they'd have something.

Exactly! I would have loved to seen these with two color letters, especially the Rangers style with the drop shadow.

I'm torn on how I feel about the package as a whole. I really like the jerseys. The bold, graphic All-Star logo doesn't fit the look though. Too modern for the overall look.

I would have also put some stars on the cuffs of the sleeves too.

With the All-Star game logo moving from the upper right chest to the shoulder, and I assume the logo of each players team will go on the left shoulder, makes it sound like it could be the end of the home country flag of each player being on the jerseys. They could put it on the upper right chest, but now that the World vs. North America format is gone, it doens't seem as necessary anymore.

I'm also afraid that the font they will use for the numbers will now be the same one used on the Wild's alternates. I really hate that font! It's not retro enough to go with the look of the jerseys and it's also the first font you see on a jersey that was done with wrong font. It's like the default font for people who don't know what they are doing and as a result will never look good to me.

Here's more what I would like for numbers.

http://www.dropthepucks.com/images/Tor/Domihertbk.gif

http://www.dropthepucks.com/images/Tor/mahovlich-back.jpg

Overall, a thumbs up, and once all decked out with the patches and numbers I'll probably like them even more.

JeffB

HansonsSig.jpg

Click here to read Third String Goalie - The Hockey Jersey of the Day Blog

Click here to see my hockey and baseball jersey collection online

?You don?t like to see 20 kids punching 20 other kids. But it?s not a disgrace, It?s hockey.? - Michael Farber

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Speechless.  Friggin' AWESOME.  Great job by the NHL and/or the WILD... not sure who this is up to...

If I could add one small change, it would perhaps be the incorporation of the Sand/Wheat color, in a very small way, to accent the jersey a bit...

But these are great, hopefully a sign of things to come in the NHL...

grc

yanks_sig.gif

I like the jerseys, the retro thing and all but

It really bugs me that the jerseys are colored

based on the hosting team, not the league colors.

They should be black, orange and white like the

old days. And put patches on both shoulders for crying out loud.

And put patches on both shoulders for crying out loud.

As I posted above, the left shoulder will most likely have the logo of the team the player comes from.

JeffB

HansonsSig.jpg

Click here to read Third String Goalie - The Hockey Jersey of the Day Blog

Click here to see my hockey and baseball jersey collection online

?You don?t like to see 20 kids punching 20 other kids. But it?s not a disgrace, It?s hockey.? - Michael Farber

A few points...

Where will the "C" or "A" go on these?  Whoever originally asked that, good question.

If they do the players' countries' flags, I would guess they would go above their names, like the US flags after 9-11.  I think that would look sweet.

There is no white on these, so why is the shoulder patch outlined in white?  

I love the idea of the colors being of the host team.  I remember whe the NBA did it (although some of those were sick) and it went well.  Black orange and white would get really annoying year after year, right Flyer fans?  As long as they don't start taking the exact home and away pattern and just swap logos.  

I liked this concept more until someone said that it is disappointing to see retro, after years of cutting edge.  That statement dropped my level of support for these.  But, I still give them a positive rating overall.

In war there is no prize for runner-up. -- Omar N. Bradley

A few points...

Where will the "C" or "A" go on these? Whoever originally asked that, good question.

On the players' right shoulders. So that it reads Ceastern and Cwestern or Aeastern and Awestern.

If I was one of the assistant captains from the west, I'd secretly take my jersey home during the night, and replace the "tern" with "ome"... yes... I can see it now.

WINnipegSigBanner.gif

decent...good idea to use the host team's colors.  speaking of which, i remember something on espn classic about jerry west, and they showed a clip from one of his allstar games in LA.  east wore purple, west wore gold....got 'WEST 44' on both sides of the jersey :D

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

Not bad.  Could be a little better, but I won't go nuts on it.  I assume that is green for the west.  It looks a different color on my screen.  To me it looks like the jerseys have that cream from the Wild's logo.

2004 San Jose Sharks 7th Man Fan of the Year

San Jose Gold Miners - 4x Lombardi Cup Champions

Yeah, the Western jersey looks black to me.

The cream color is nice, makes it very old school.  Maybe it's white and my monitor sucks, but it looks like everything that should be white is a light cream.

I hate sleeve stripes that are up that high.  I hate it when sleeve numbers are in the sleeve stripes.

I don't know what to score this.

I don't know what is up with the NHL and retro fad but it has got to go.  To many jerseys and teams going retro.  Not good.  Let a few go retro but 15 out of the 30 teams?  No way.  I feel they should go with something new.  I my self do not like the jerseys but it might grow on me.  Right now I think I have had enof of old school jerseys.

To be honest I am not very impressed with these, I guess they fit in with the retro feel that is so fashionable, particularly in hockey right now, but these just look like they are trying to look retro, rather than actually being based on any kind of authentic retro look.

Wembley-1.png

2011/12 WFL Champions

I'm not dead set against retro. It is getting crazy though.

I do think the Blues current marketing scheme is the best in history though. It ties in the "bleed blue" campaign, but it features ads very similar to those of when the team started. I love it all. Their amazing jerseys compliment it.

I think the jerseys are good for what the NHL is trying to accomplish this year.  As we all know some teams are going with vintage uniforms this year and the NHL is just trying to stick with this theme.  The all star uniforms have had a more futuristic style the last several years and I think it's a nice change.

second best all star jerseys ever. the best were the ones worn in toronto and colorado. use them in an east west format. as for these ones, i hope they dont use the flag of the player's countries. this is the nhl all star game, not the olympics. on the same note, the flags should be removed from the toronto-colorado all star unis if they are used again in th east-west setting the nhl is using know.

Archived