Best logo EVER

Lumbergh

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply
MLB Cap: Angels. The A with the halo stands for Angels and is also a landmark in Anaheim (the "Big A" next to Angel Stadium's halo lights up when the Angels win, people driving by on the freeway would know how the Angels did this way). It would be much better if the team was still the Anaheim Angels and if they didn't paint the Big A pink and green.

Great choice on the halo'd "A".

Yes, Disney did make the terrible mistake of painting the Big A pink ang green...

edison12.jpg

BUT they fixed that issue the season they won the World Series...

angel3.jpg

Wow...so many logos...so many good ones...how do you choose?

Well, I did it this way: chose my favorite few out of each major sports league as well as the NCAA's.

It go a lil somthin like this:

MLB

I don't know HOW this one slipped thru the cracks, but it wins in my book on simplicity in form, if not in color alone (or maybe, the absence of it?):

765.gif

Doesn't say anything about it being Chicago, but you know the SOX is the White Sox (even if it is black), and it's simple and clean.

I also like this one:

67.gif

The NY skyline, the Brooklyn bridge, all inside the window of a baseball. Perfect way to tie in all elements of a locale into a logo.

But my favorite one? (I know this is just me here)

I know I ain't the only one, and I know it may not be around much longer, but I actually LIKE this one:

76.gif

The unique font, and the colors. If the team was any better (and quit using so much green!), it'd be one of the tops in the ML's 4 sho!

NBA

Ain't really too hot about none of the logos the NBA teams use, EXCEPT for one, which I think is one of the best of all time:

221.gif

Still looks modern, and ain't changed one ioda since its inception. It IS the Bulls. Best logo to go with the best uniforms in the NBA--IF they don't change em all up like I've been hearing whispers of. (IF silver is used, PLEASE keep it to a minumum!)

I also like this one out the WNBA too:

311.gif

Crown of a queen, shape of a (monarch) butterfly, form of a woman shooting a hoop (or is the ball the head...can be seen either way and that's why i like it), plus a better wordmark than their male counterparts. It WORKS.

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

NFL

Hmmm...well, call it me being biased, but I thought BOTH Buc logos were the best. Bruce because there wasn't another like it in the NFL (plus I actually LIKED the colors).1041.gif

And, of course (and I ain't alone), the best one in the NFL period:

TB_1046.gif

This just says everything you need to about the Buccaneers: flag on a pirate sword (and a ripped one at that), universal image of a pirate, skull and crosSWORDS (genius), and a evil looking skull at that, orange football (had to keep the orange somewhere)...that against that pewter helmet...what more can you say? HARD.

NHL

I too like this one:

32.gif

But my favorite in the NHL is this one:

15.gif

How is that not a perfect representation of Minnesota and the (Wild)erness? Forests, the sun, the (mouth of the beast forming the) river, the north star (representing the eye of the beast), the depiction of clouds rep'd by the green streaks, and then the colors--and that's to say nothing about the beast that serves as the frame for that scene. Anyone know what kind of beast that is? I don't know, that's why I kept saying "beast"--it's WILD. Perfect. Minnesota wins.

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

NCAAs

4 logos I really like above all the others.

First is the K-state wildcat:

719.gif

I'm always a fan of abstraction, which it is.

Then there's also this somewhat abstract representation of a ram that Rhode Island uses:

812.gif

That would look great on a helmet, on a t-shirt, on my wall at home, on somebody's rug--anywhere.

Now, based on INSTANT RECOGNITION, no logo is as attached to its institution as this one:

748.gif

(y'all have NO IDEA how painful that was for me, since I live and die garnet and gold.)

WHICH LEADS ME TO...what I feel (call it bias if you want) is the best logo in all the NCAAs:

679.gif

The beauty of it is in the details. It's not overly done, it hasn't changed ONE TIME and it never will. It's an all-time classic. (Listen, this thing's actually been ENDORSED by SEVERAL Seminole Tribes in Florida. When you can get the group that this represents to back you, you know you got something. That's a major reason FSU was the first to get an exemption to that whole NCAA legislation against offensive nicknames and such.)

But, again, this is just me here.

NFL

Hmmm...well, call it me being biased, but I thought BOTH Buc logos were the best. Bruce because there wasn't another like it in the NFL (plus I actually LIKED the colors).1041.gif

And, of course (and I ain't alone), the best one in the NFL period:

TB_1046.gif

This just says everything you need to about the Buccaneers: flag on a pirate sword (and a ripped one at that), universal image of a pirate, skull and crosSWORDS (genius), and a evil looking skull at that, orange football (had to keep the orange somewhere)...that against that pewter helmet...what more can you say? HARD.

NHL

I too like this one:

32.gif

But my favorite in the NHL is this one:

15.gif

How is that not a perfect representation of Minnesota and the (Wild)erness? Forests, the sun, the (mouth of the beast forming the) river, the north star (representing the eye of the beast), the depiction of clouds rep'd by the green streaks, and then the colors--and that's to say nothing about the beast that serves as the frame for that scene. Anyone know what kind of beast that is? I don't know, that's why I kept saying "beast"--it's WILD. Perfect. Minnesota wins.

The "beast" is a bear.

It's a bear. Oh, ok. Looks sorta like the outline of some ferocious feline to me, but I wouldnt doubt it's a bear. A bear is a beast, and beasts are WILD.

Minnesota STILL wins.

I think it's pretty hard to determine what is the best logo ever. But the New Jersey Devils and

the Hartford Whalers logos are perfect examples of great logo design. They are pretty much perfect. There're no wasted lines or shapes and it hits you all at once. They say everything

that needs to be said about what they represent in as few lines and shapes as possible. The

Houston Texans logo is in the same category. If I had to pick one, the most perfect sports logo design of all time is the Hartford Whalers logo. It's also one of the best logos of all time, period.

It's a true logo. The NY Islanders logo with the fisherman is a perfect example of way, way too

much and the polar opposite of the Whalers logo.

Yankees NY is one of the most recognized logos/symbols in the WORLD so something must be there.

I do like Hartford and I liked when Binghampton was there minor and they just turned the logo on its side to make it there's!

The old school 76ers logo I loved. Now...not so much.

And randomly, I liked the old Portland Beavers logo for I think the Pacific Coast Baseball where they copied the Cardinals with Beavers on each side of the Baseball bat. P.S. Any pics of that?

I'm going for the NCAA edition (for some reason I have a lot more college logos that I'm a fan of rather than pro teams)

UNC:

153127595_994b1c92ff_o.gif

Illinois:

153126992_3f52b72018_o.gif

UVA:

153127594_356d6a4fdd_o.jpg

Texas:

153126993_494b5eb9b6_m.jpg

Slight bias, but I love the vert arch lettering, and the V is great standalone:

153126994_738cfd0961_o.jpg

153126994_738cfd0961_o.jpg

Hate to sound picky, but the Villanova wordmark actually uses a vertical arch. A radial arch is when the letters are rotated to form the arch (i.e. the wordmark on the Yankees away uniforms)

QPR%20Sig.png

Archived