Best logo EVER

Lumbergh

What firm designed this logo? I'm interested to see what else they've done...

Verlander Design. I'm not sure about the individual or group of individuals who created it, whether it was Mark Verlander himself, or someone who works for him, or this guy Ben Barnes is talking about, or some combination thereof, but yes, Verlander Design. Other works include the new Falcons, Bengals, Seahawks, and Cardinals identities. Note how all the wordmarks for those teams are the same format.

logos.gif

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply
What firm designed this logo? I'm interested to see what else they've done...

Verlander Design. I'm not sure about the individual or group of individuals who created it, whether it was Mark Verlander himself, or someone who works for him, or this guy Ben Barnes is talking about, or some combination thereof, but yes, Verlander Design. Other works include the new Falcons, Bengals, Seahawks, and Cardinals identities. Note how all the wordmarks for those teams are the same format.

logos.gif

I love the fact that every wordmark has the same serif action and the same coloration (except the cards). Smells like lazy. This is kind of like the discussion going on in the UML logo thread.

But my favorite logo would have to be the Cubs' primary.

http://www.sportslogos.net/logo.php?lo=688

Put Your Hands up For Detroit (our lovely city)

Some others I like, but haven't had passed the test of time:

Buffalo Sabres

None of the Buffalo Sabres logos have done them justice! They're not the Buffalo Buffalos, so I really would say the Sabres logos have been some of the worst of all time.

You've heard of the Buffalo Soldiers, yes? The legenday 10th Cavalry Regiment? And sabers are the weapons most often associated with cavalry troops. So, the connection isn't a hard one to make.

cttdolphins2.png

Basketball -

sgfjh.jpg

Hockey -

awyr.jpg

Baseball -

afdjhgfdsj.jpg

Football -

dshgfj.jpg

There are many more but there was different styles at different times. In the 80's there was striaght lines made to look moving, 90's lots of teal and other related colors. There are also different styles of logos such as in hockey the shoulder patch or the main logo. In baseball there is the cap and the main one. In each sport there are different styles. It is somewhat easy to put a basketball in your logo and have it be good but to put a hockey puck well, that kinda hard.

ogopr90c4s7q4ez68ga7vhbyh.gifv7xqqsng0c3badvnm9i4e3oca.gif8sg7h2ns8fixo1yqzakt0uvwb.gif

MLB: Cubs alternate with cub walking through "C". I love that although it's very simple, the cub still looks bad ass.

NFL: I truly believe the best is the Bengals tiger head logo. It's sad they use the "B" more than that tiger. Too bad.

NHL: Minnesota Wild primary. It's absolutely genius how all the elemnts are combined and form a bear (it's a bear, right?). You have to respect the creativity put into it.

NBA: The Cavs have the overall best logo/uniform/color package in the league. It's modern, sleek, and attractive to the eye. Plus the wordmark is totally unique, which helps catch the eye.

I think that New York Jets logo is one of the worst logos ever. It's extremely cluttered.

What it does have going for it, though, is tradition.

I think it's pretty streamlined; "Jets" in front of an outlined NY and a little football. I don't see clutter.

I know I already gave my answer, but I guess I'll do one for the four major sports

NHL - Red Wings. It symbolizes everything that Detroit is. The wheel and wings are bad ass, especially since Detroit is known for cars. The Blackhawks is second, it's just awesome looking, and colorful. It symbolizes a chief.

MLB - Cap Logo - This was a tough one. I'm not trying to be biased towards the Indians, but I think it's Chief Wahoo. I mean it actually is a logo. The Orioles are second, that bird is sleek and real looking.

The Cardinals with the cardinals on the baseball bat is the best non cap logo in the MLB without a doubt. It's stood the test of time with only minor updates, and it looks great.

NFL - It's the Buccaneers. The waving pirate flag with the skull and crossbones is kick ass. When you look at it you immidiately think Buccaneers. The Texans is good too, really creative and well designed for a team called the Texans.

NBA - Primary logo - This was a tough one. I pick Celtics because it's a classic logo that has only had minor updates, and it does actually represent the team really well. The Cavaliers are second. The wine and gold looks great and the sword piercing the basketball is cool looking too.

Alternate logo - Toronto Raptors because the footprint with the basketball is really creative and raptor-like. You actually don't need a wordmark or anything to think Toronto Raptors. It should be their new primary when they do decide to change logos. Second best would be a tie between the Cavaliers, with the sword and the flag. Also the Suns with the Phoenix coming out of the basketball. Maybe it would be the #1 alternate if it said "PHOENIX" or "SUNS" instead of "PHX"

ALL TIME BEST LOGO - Detroit Red Wings. Again it's all about Detroit and is bad ass, sharp, and historic.

Note: Roars, good call on the Richmond Tigers. I have never seen that logo before, but it is f'n awesome.

These I feel are the best. There are others that I love and like more, but these I feel are most timeless and well executed.

NHL: 11.gif

NBA: 213.gif

NFL: 163.gif

MLB: 2251.gif

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Dr. Kelso: My son is a big baseball fan. Not so much playing it, but more the designing and sewing of uniforms.

Tyler: That's neat.

Dr. Kelso: No, it's not.

A few more:

CFL: 1486.gif

NCAA: 2735.gif

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Dr. Kelso: My son is a big baseball fan. Not so much playing it, but more the designing and sewing of uniforms.

Tyler: That's neat.

Dr. Kelso: No, it's not.

Archived