New UNLV Logo

conesbeans

I was just at UNLV's athletic web site (http://unlvrebels.cstv.com/), and it appears that the Rebel character must have recently been updated. It looks pretty sharp to me! (Although it looks like they kept the old lettering, which could have used an update as well, IMO.)

Can anyone post a comparison of the old and (apparently) new logos? (I lack the know-how.)

From sportslogos.net:

2688.gif

From UNLV's website:

unlv-player-cover.jpg

There certainly are differences, but I have no idea of when the changes were made.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Dr. Kelso: My son is a big baseball fan. Not so much playing it, but more the designing and sewing of uniforms.

Tyler: That's neat.

Dr. Kelso: No, it's not.

Please post new logo w/ UNLV in it!

It's still the same script as before, like the one from Chris's site. They also have a curved one from the football helmet on the website and their merchandise features both, so both are official I'd think. I would check out their website, you can see what I mean.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Dr. Kelso: My son is a big baseball fan. Not so much playing it, but more the designing and sewing of uniforms.

Tyler: That's neat.

Dr. Kelso: No, it's not.

Thanks for posting the logo comparison, jkorkie (I have GOT to figure out how to do that)!

The changes may appear subtle, but the reality is that the mark now has weight and substance, and feels like a "logo" rather than a cartoon. Nice job.

And no, it doesn't "look like they changed him into a Las Vegas pimp." The character already had a feather in his hat, so any perceived suggestion of the seedier side of Sin City was already there before the update.

The original is pretty horrid and the update isn't much better.

I can't imagine why that University would want to be identified with that mark.

At least Ole Miss's Rebel looks classic. This one's way too exaggerated.

I'm also a UNLV alum, and that 'roided Reb is a complete joke.

The only true logo UNLV will ever have is the classic Hey Reb toting an enormous shotgun that was prevalent during the Tarkanian days. Anything else is a joke (much like the school is now).

P.S. KRUGER SUCKS!!!!!

Archived