CHL goes Bosack

paynomind

5289.jpeg.300.jpeg

May 25, 2006 - The Central Hockey League has today unveiled a new primary logo. Created by the Joe Bosack Graphic Design Company out of Pipersville, Pennsylvania, the new image features bold lettering atop a stylized puck along with a black, steel blue and grey color scheme. In conjunction with the new logo release, the Central Hockey League website, at www.centralhockeyleague.com, has been revised to match the new official CHL colors.

NCFA Sunset Beach Tech - Octopi

ΓΔΒ!

Going to college gets you closer to the real world, kind of like climbing a tree gets you closer to the moon.

"...a nice illustration of what you get when skill, talent, and precedent are deducted from 'creativity.' " - James Howard Kunstler

Nice, clean, simple, and waaaaay overdue. The old league logo screamed "mid-nineties."

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

Hmmm, I don't know if I like this one yet. My first impressions are that it's very clean, simple, and tasefully done, but it just doesn't blow me away. I have a feeling that this will be one of those logos that grows on me the more I see it, though.

QPR%20Sig.png

Although I generally like most of the stuff that comes out of Bosack's group, this logo doesn't do it for me. The grey is almost like a dull white, so it just seems bland to me, it doesn't pop. And the lettering is overly plain too.

I have no idea what the client wanted. They may have pushed for this direction, but I would have liked to see something more dynamic and if it were going to be plain, something more memorable.

The puck minds me of the NTB logo. Which isn't good, since the NTB logo is a tire.

5289.jpeg.300.jpeg

ntb.gif

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Dr. Kelso: My son is a big baseball fan. Not so much playing it, but more the designing and sewing of uniforms.

Tyler: That's neat.

Dr. Kelso: No, it's not.

Archived