The NHL Off-season

• Replies 448
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My favoritist goalie LuLu will only sign a 1 year contract with Florida WITH a no-trade clause. Sadly, he will become a UFA next season where he could go to a team who can win. :P

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/news_story/?ID=168233&hubname=

All I can say is I'm almost certain he will go and sign with Montreal if he becomes a UFA and that would be very, very scary.

neonmatrix_leafs2.gif

Because Korbyn Is Colour Blind, My Signature Is Now Idiot Proof - Thanks Again Braden!!

Go Leafs Go!

In other news, Manny Legace will NOT be offered an extension by Detroit and is set to become a UFA. I personally would LOVE to see him come to Toronto to play. Nothing is more enjoyable then having a home grown product between the pipes. He would be a great addition to alterante with Aubin.

neonmatrix_leafs2.gif

Because Korbyn Is Colour Blind, My Signature Is Now Idiot Proof - Thanks Again Braden!!

Go Leafs Go!

• 2 weeks later...
It looks like luongo will either go to detroit or l.a this summer.

Mcgrattan resigns witht the sens and Columbu re-signs Malhotra.

If he IS traded...there is no gaurentee he will sign a deal with that team. Odds are the Panthers will try to sign him THEN ship him. I don't see him going anywhere that isnt Montreal though...

neonmatrix_leafs2.gif

Go Leafs Go!

It looks like luongo will either go to detroit or l.a this summer.

Mcgrattan resigns witht the sens and Columbu re-signs Malhotra.

If he IS traded...there is no gaurentee he will sign a deal with that team. Odds are the Panthers will try to sign him THEN ship him. I don't see him going anywhere that isnt Montreal though...

today i heard three rumors about luongo none involed him going to montreal, the rumors we to eaither L.A., Detriot ou vancouver

sportsnet.com

Another rumour out there of the Senators trading Martinx Havlat to the Pheonix coyotes for shane doan I think i would go for it but not Havalt but I d'ont see many other optons except for this shane doan for Phillips,Volchenov and Varada I think they would go for it because they could use some solid defenceman and Gretzky always liked phillips giving them varada as well would free us up of some cap space.

Hi, how are you?

Another rumour out there of the Senators trading Martinx Havlat to the Pheonix coyotes for shane doan I think i would go for it but not Havalt but I d'ont see many other optons except for this shane doan for Phillips,Volchenov and Varada I think they would go for it because they could use some solid defenceman and Gretzky always liked phillips giving them varada as well would free us up of some cap space.

Holy run on sentence Batman!!

Eh...EVERYONE is rumored to be going to the Senators...don't bet your marbles on it kid, there is a reason why these are called "Rumors"...

neonmatrix_leafs2.gif

Go Leafs Go!

Well that gets the Canucks their goalie.

The Northwest should heat up even more next season--especially if Theodore recovers his form.

Comic Sans walks into a bar, and the bartender says, "Sorry, we don't serve your type here."

right now i really don't know what to think of this because, we now need a new RW to play with Naslund and Morrison on the 1st line, and didn't recieve a forward in the deal, but we do have some pretty solid netminders in Luongo and Cloutier.

8prlQWA.png

right now i really don't know what to think of this because, we now need a new RW to play with Naslund and Morrison on the 1st line, and didn't recieve a forward in the deal, but we do have some pretty solid netminders in Luongo and Cloutier.

The trade off will work for the Canucks.

Comic Sans walks into a bar, and the bartender says, "Sorry, we don't serve your type here."

now that i think about it a little bit i really wouldn't be surprised if Nonis pulled off a trade to ship Cloutier and maybe someone else for a good forward tomorrow but either way i am really excited about this now.

8prlQWA.png

Stay off the bandwagon you wagon jumpers...just getting a headstart for the wagon jumpers.

Us Vancouver born canuckers will bust a cap in you away like Cheney with a shotgun come thanksgiving.

I will miss Bryan Allen and Baldy Auldy...Todd well Keenan got us him, he can have him back.

LETS GO PENGUINS!

5x Stanley Cup Champions

now that i think about it a little bit i really wouldn't be surprised if Nonis pulled off a trade to ship Cloutier and maybe someone else for a good forward tomorrow but either way i am really excited about this now.

Dan Cloutier won't really get us anything for a good return. Auld topped his most wins this year and he was without most of the top 3 d-man on our team for most of the season.

Cloutier was also hurt and his lack of playoff success will let GM's throw lowball offers. The GM's also know that Cloutier is getting paid 2.5 M and the Canucks will have to offer Luongo a pretty penny to sign a long term deal. Also Luongo will want to see committments made by Nonis to make this team into a bonafide contender (which it already becomes with the acquisition of Roberto).

So I would guesstimate that Cloutier would bring us either a 4th round pick or a prospect that has fallen out of favour on some teams (like how Brendl has been shipped around and Lundmark..but god forbid either of those 2 idiots).

Nonis has now brought us Noronen and Luongo as our 2 goalie tandem. So far, Burke who?

By the way, my fellow Nuckers, this will bring some hometown boys that could be of interest, in cheap. Like Willie Mitchell (how nice does he fit into our top 4? Very well, perfect replacement for Allen).

Joe, its too bad you want to retire a handilanche, cuz you coulda came home to a Luongo.

LETS GO PENGUINS!

5x Stanley Cup Champions

Archived