AFL (Australian Football League) Concepts

Roars87

Hey AFL fans I got a few jumper concepts for you. Some are clash jumpers and others are just general concepts. I will post a couple but stay tuned for more :D

ADELAIDE

In least years heritage round the Adelaide Crows felt the need to participate and make up a jumper and some history along the way. Their supporters seemed to like the jumper and I don?t blame them with their normal outfit looking more like a dog?s dinner than a football jumper. I used yellow as the main colour and this jumper could be used as a home, away or clash jumper.

crowscopy.jpg

St.Kilda

This St.Kilda jumper is a mix of old and new. I?ve used the traditional red, white and black combination but this time I have converted the normal white stripe into a cross, something that is linked with a Saint. I got this idea from a previous jumper St.Kilda used to use. I used a white number panel at the back instead of making the top half of the back completely white or black.

StKilda.jpg

Melbourne

With the Melbourne jumper I decided I would use the logo in the jumper design (something that I like to do). I replaced the traditional yoke on the front with the cape of the demon in the logo. The back of the jumper is where the major change is. I placed the silhouette of the demon on the back and blended the red into the blue as I felt the red three quarters of the way down the back looked to obtrusive. I kept in line with the traditional red socks with a blue hoop at the top.

melbournecopy.jpg

Would love your criticisms, good or bad and I will add more as I go :)

I like the crows yellow jumper. The red they wear now looks like a big blood patch with some feathers stuck to it.

Im not likin' the Saints jumper, maybe if you added some more white it could look alot better.

The Melbourne one needs alot of work, they will never get rid of the yolk, but they could use your design and reverse the colours.

interested to see what you do with the bombers and magpies, since all they wanna do is winge about alternate jumpers.

over all i like the designs in parts but they need some work.

artest.jpg

Crows: heh, I liked their old homes (before those frivolous curvy stripes they added to the front...heh, if they TRIED to look bush league, they did a great job)...this one, well at least it'd be an improvement on those red dishrags. Puttin the whole Crows 2006 jumper set, though, that whole set is an example of how NOT to make changes...especially when you compare those to their previous incarnations. still makes me wonder IF there was a thought process (which I seriously doubt given the result)

Saints: but enough ranting about the Crowbars' trying to swat a fly with a sledgehammer. on to St. Kilda...the cross idea is a nice one, but the stem seems a little thinner than the crossbar. heh, you may as well have continued the bar across the back...but at least it aint Hawthorn using a white number plate when they have no reason to do so.

Dees: this is the one I see the most potential in...the M as the yoke is cool, and I like the demon silhouette on teh back. my only suggestions would be to shrink said silhouette a little bit, maybe settle for making it blue with a red outline, and losing the gradient. on the latter, you'll thank me later.

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

Crows - i like that, maybe add a bit of a navy gradient to the top of the yellow....yeh those new ones they got are made by adidas i think, maybe its on of there genreic templates to use that ugly red thing, look closely on collingwood they did the same

Saints - maybe lower the crossbar

Dees - invert the colours

twitter.com/thebrainofMatt

I like the Melbourne one.

Very nice idea to link the logo with the yoke.

I don't know about the gradient on the back though.

StKilda, I'm with Matt. I like the idea, but I think the crossbar on the cross should be lower.

Crows. Well, as a Clash jumper it's pretty good. Certainly a better idea than the red they wear now. What with the tops of the socks?

Oh, and I've got a site.

Footy Jumpers Dot Com

What with the tops of the socks?

The Crows need something to look dodgy to represent their club so I did it to the socks......

I will take your suggestions into consideration and post the altered designs later tonight or tomorrow.

OK first off with the Saints. I made it so the cross goes all the way across the back but instead of having a square number panel I just made the whole back white. I prefer the look of the panel but I don't mind this.

St.jpg

Melbourne I made some major changes but more so to the back. I basically made the silhouette of the demon on the back smaller and instead of using the gradient to blend in I cut the bottom of the demon out and just made it a continuous part of the back of the jumper colour. If that doesn?t make sense you will see what I mean :P

I made a red jumper for which would be used as an alternate and a blue one.

Red

melbourneredcopy.jpg

Blue

melbournechangecopy.jpg

I really like your update of the Demons especially the inclusion of the red alt, the back is a lot cleaner and consistent with the front than your original. However, I see a problem with the use of two digit numbers on the back as it would overlap the boundaries of the demon silhoutte. Maybe a navy/red outline to solve this?

I believe your updated Saints is also an improvement; for some reason or another I don't like the look of number panels where not needed. I do like that you've made the back white as it fits in with the design and doesn't look like someone slapped a square on the back for the number. The design itself is well executed and a great adaptation of a popular alt used a few years back.

Can't wait to see more.

sig.png

Essendon doesn't run into that problem, as their white numbers are clearly visible over the red and black...so I don't think this would be a problem on Melbourne either. while I'm speakin on it, roars, you're welcome ;)

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

Archived