Steelers gold alts.

gosioux76

This story published today tells how the Steelers produced a gold jersey to be worn in away games in hot climates where the home team wears white.

Team President Dan Rooney said they would be worn with gold pants. The NFL said the alt could only be used at home, but that rule has been relaxed. The Steelers may wear these yet.

Here's the link:\Pittsburgh Tribune-Review

I love striping on football uniforms.  i despise extremely plain jerseys with no sort of striping or coloring or anything. I'm looking at you, Oakland Raiders.  The Steelers have great uniforms, but a yellow uni would ruin it.  I'm assuming by gold they actually mean yellow.

does that mean it would have what ucla still uses and northwestern used to use, instead of the striping they have now?

no, that means the striping they use now. this style is most associated with Northwestern, as the Wildcats first used it in the mid-1920s.

and one more thing...if there was a good time for the steelers to have white pants, it would be if they unveiled a gold jersey. for obvious reasons i have visions of oregon when i think about all gold.

edit: a decent mockup of the rumored gold jersey along with gold and white pants.  i'm not too high on black pants with this, so they weren't included.

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

The story makes it pretty clear that there would be no new pants - it would be a yellow on yellow configuration.  I'm no uniform radical, but given the shade of yellow the Steelers use, I think it could work as a feasible ALTERNATE configuration for hot weather road games.

yeah, we know. unfortunately, most of us have also seen Oregon.  hence, my mockup has white pants and avenger's has black pants along with the normal gold.

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

Here's my little mockup.... one on the left is the best I can decypher from the rumors, the one on the right is how I think they should go about it.

steelersgold.gif

If I may be so redundent here...

PLEASE NO ALL YELLOW!!!!!!

Spurs2017_HomeSignature.png.d781df3b4d5c0e482d74d6a47c072475.pngDortmund2017_HomeSignature.png.277fd43b7b71e5d54e4c655f30c9a1e6.png

Archived