Titans naming rights - new field logo

Broken Record

I still don't know why they couldn't have just named it "LP Coliseum"...

agreed 10 fold.

Agreed 10 fold-er!

NCFA Sunset Beach Tech - Octopi

ΓΔΒ!

Going to college gets you closer to the real world, kind of like climbing a tree gets you closer to the moon.

"...a nice illustration of what you get when skill, talent, and precedent are deducted from 'creativity.' " - James Howard Kunstler

My first thought was that Latin Percussion had bought the naming rights for the Titans' stadium. While that wouldn't have made any sense from a business standpoint, free castanets, maracas, and cowbells for the fans would have made Titans home games quite the experience.

I know it's against NFL rules for a team to pump in artificial noise (that's true, right?), but would it be against the rules for teams to hand out noisemakers to disrupt the opposing offense? That seems like such an obvious idea that the No Fun League has probably already killed.

By the way, I think "The Lip" is a good idea. Not as cool as the Colloseum, but still endearing in its own way.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

I know it's against NFL rules for a team to pump in artificial noise (that's true, right?), but would it be against the rules for teams to hand out noisemakers to disrupt the opposing offense? That seems like such an obvious idea that the No Fun League has probably already killed.

Yep, it's true. When the whole thunderstick thing came out, the NFL immediately announced that they were against the rules to hand them out at the gate and if fans had them they would be confiscated, but I do know the Chiefs did have some handed out at their annual Red Friday celebration before the start of the next season.

I've decided to give up hope for all sports teams I follow

S*itty name, decent logo.

I can't find anything about this to make it an upgrade (besides the tens of millions of dollars in Bud Adams's wallet).

The team plays in Tennessee. The sponsor's name contains 2 geographic elements rarely associated with Tennessee. The preferred name is thus an abbreviation, which is even more unwieldy (M&T Bank, the proposed PCGI Field in Hartford) and sounds way too corporate/way too unathletic. To top it off, they dump the "Coliseum" part, which not only sounds athletic, but ties in to Nashville's allusions to mythologies of the past (Titans, the replica of the Parthenon, and so on).

LP? 2 thumbs down.

"Start spreading the news... They're leavin' today... Won't get to be a part of it... In old New York..."

2007nleastchamps.png

In order for the Mets' run of 12 losses in 17 games to mean something, the Phillies still had to win 13 of 17.

The truth is they can call it whatever they want. Locals will continue to call it "the coliseum" or just "the stadium", just like the GEC is still referred to as "the arena". That's the thing with all these stupid corporate sponsorship deals. They get the broadcasters and news shows to call it by its proper name, but people will refer to facilities by what is familiar.

And Pacific isn't entirely foreign to Tennessee. The Memphis Redbirds and defending champion Nashville Sounds play in the Pacific Coast League.

It may just be me, but for some reason that logo makes me think of steak sauce.

You know, say what you will about America. Thirteen bucks still gets you a hell of a load of mice.

Archived