Take it for what its worth....

NYCdog

For what its worth, Ive been told by someone who works with the Rockets, that they will drop a black alternate jersey for this upcoming season. This person says they have actually seen a mock up of the set, which he describes as a black version of the white home uniforms, just change the jersey and pant color from white to black. The only other change will be a tiny "R" logo above the players last name on the back of the jersey and "Houston" across the front of the jersey.

Im skeptical on this....reason why, Ive been told by another source from a Rockets fan board, whom I actually consider to be very reputable, that the Rockets will indeed drop a black "Houston" alternate jersey, but that its design was based on the team's championship era uniforms from 1994 and 95.

I'm confused on this. It actually has me wanting to know what the Rockets have up their sleve, especially given whatever it is, there will be a huge effort put forth on this due to the sales one Yao Ming will surely generate for this alternate jersey.

The last time the Rockets toyed with their look and identity in 2003, they had Academy Award winning designer Eiko Ishioka design the team's new logo and uniforms. Some suggested she was pick given her Asian decent and the presence of Yao Ming, and that it translated into the Asian-esque logo the Rockets currently sport.

Has anyone heard any news on the Rockts plans for there alternate jersey for 07?

NYCdog.png

I like the idea of the black alt, but I'm an alt jersey type of guy.

I know the guy who does the numbering & lettering for the Rockets' jerseys. I'll see if he knows anything about this.

Go Astros!

Go Texans!

Go Rockets!

Go Javelinas!

The reason I like the Mavs alternate jersey so much is that it is a true alternate. Simply recoloring the main jersey a la the Hornets, Hawks or Sonics is just boring. The Rockets could surely come up with better.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

Not another "black" alt, please! Rockets should be more interested in fixing the smallish lettering on their current jersees. They are so close to having a great look but needs some attention.

Well, heres the porblem for the Rockets.

There only other color options are grey or black. The team's colors are red, white, black and grey.

We've seen what Grey in the "Dazzle thread" the Rockets use, can produce....think Hefty Trashbags and Mark Cuban.

So Black is the winner by default.

BTW, Anyone care to photoshop the Rockets home uni in "hefty trashbag" shiny grey material? That oughta look interesting......in my mind, i think it would look cool.

NYCdog.png

The reason I like the Mavs alternate jersey so much is that it is a true alternate. Simply recoloring the main jersey a la the Hornets, Hawks or Sonics is just boring. The Rockets could surely come up with better.

I'm the complete opposite. I think it should be a different color (Chicago Blackhawks) instead of whole new logos or identities. I wouldn't mind the black version of their current set...maybe even a gray version for home???

KISSwall09.jpg

Not another "black" alt, please! Rockets should be more interested in fixing the smallish lettering on their current jersees. They are so close to having a great look but needs some attention.

Well, heres the porblem for the Rockets.

There only other color options are grey or black. The team's colors are red, white, black and grey.

We've seen what Grey in the "Dazzle thread" the Rockets use, can produce....think Hefty Trashbags and Mark Cuban.

So Black is the winner by default.

BTW, Anyone care to photoshop the Rockets home uni in "hefty trashbag" shiny grey material? That oughta look interesting......in my mind, i think it would look cool.

dunno if this is trashy enough for your liking, but heres a quick photoshop...

rockets-switch.jpg

Actually, the Rockets are Red and White, with a bit of Black in the logo and home uniform trim, and Silver in the road uniform trim:

HoustonRockets_FRC_9999_SOL.jpg

The "Hefty Bag" Mavericks alts were actually matching a Dark Silver...the same color that the Nets USED to wear as an alternate. The difference in the look was in the materials used. This was (is) a darker Silver than your standard 877 C.

(the Rockets use 877 C)

Archived