WC Kits for www.sportslogos.net

gordie_delini

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I have good news and bad news.

The good news: I have found and identified the font used for England, and its organization, the FA.

The font is called "The FA". It was designed by Jeremy Tankard, and can be found here: http://www.typography.net/commissions/thefa.htm

The bad news: It is a custom font specifically designed for the FA, and nothing more.

The surprising in-between news: there are plenty of desktop wallpapers and various graphics on the FA site, that it's possible to redraw all the letters and numbers, if one were so inclined.

I love that font. Stylish, modern, yet balanced and classic.

I'd really like to see the Premier League adopt it for their uniforms. I hate the unbalanced font they currently use.

the sublimation/piping on the Italian home kits needs to be a good deal darker - it looked like splotched black in the Italy-Ghana game:

VincenzoIaquinta_tm_500.jpg

it appears to be as black as the very black stripes on the socks.

besides lacking a lot of front sublimation for the Puma teams (not a big deal) that's all I've got. nice work as usual.

harperdc.gif

gordie, it appears the Swiss have different numbers to the other Puma teams, at least on the white shirt. No thin outline on the right/top like the other teams had. Hard to get a good look at getty images but I'm sure that they're different.

liverpool-1.png

Puma goalies would not be hard to do - most of the Puma teams appear to be using a dark red with black shorts and grey trim. I'm trying to track down the other away kits just so that I can get an alternate in for my interpretation on WE9, but as of right now I'm using light blue with the silver and the same shorts.

same with the Nike ones - I've seen maybe three color combinations (light blue, silver, green) so far from them.

harperdc.gif

Great stuff Gordie, it is no easy feat getting 32 teams done with such a small amount of reference to work with (due to the brevity of the world cup). Most of it is perfect in terms of your recreating them, too bad a lot of the teams can't get their act together and make half decent designs for you to work with.

sig.png

Archived