WC Kits for www.sportslogos.net

gordie_delini

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I thought that the red on the Germans' alternate kit was of the darker variety. Must be the difference between TV and real life. Ace job nonetheless.

[Croatia National Team Manager Slavan] Bilic then went on to explain how Croatia's success can partially be put down to his progressive man-management techniques. "Sometimes I lie in the bed with my players. I go to the room of Vedran Corluka and Luka Modric when I see they have a problem and I lie in bed with them and we talk for 10 minutes." Maybe Capello could try getting through to his players this way too? Although how far he'd get with Joe Cole jumping up and down on the mattress and Rooney demanding to be read his favourite page from The Very Hungry Caterpillar is open to question. --The Guardian's Fiver, 08 September 2008

Attention: In order to obtain maximum enjoyment from your stay at the CCSLC, the reader is advised that the above post may contain large amounts of sarcasm, dry humour, or statements which should not be taken in any true sort of seriousness. As a result, the above poster absolves himself of any and all blame in the event that a forum user responds to the aforementioned post without taking the previous notice into account. Thank you for your cooperation, and enjoy your stay at the CCSLC.

Beutiful templates gordie! That must have been a lot of work.

I noticed that Holland wore Orange shorts with the Orange jersey (human pylons anyone?) yesterday instead of the white shorts.

God I can't keep a straight face looking at some of these number fonts. South Korea's? Holland's? Ugh.

Great job on all of the kits. Awesome work.

I have to agree about Holland's number font. Man those came off horrible on TV. The orange shirt, shorts, socks and even shoes, for God's sake, with nary a stripe to be found were terribly hard on the eyes and the font just looks like they slapped them on with duct tape 5 minutes before kickoff. Bad, bad, bad.

HansonsSig.jpg

Click here to read Third String Goalie - The Hockey Jersey of the Day Blog

Click here to see my hockey and baseball jersey collection online

?You don?t like to see 20 kids punching 20 other kids. But it?s not a disgrace, It?s hockey.? - Michael Farber

thanks jp for the font info - for the lotto kits i did use compacta, so it should be good - i may switch it to compacta light just to be safe

good spot with bauhaus for the adidas font - i can change that now to look a LOT better (anyone know where I can find a lighter version of it? i have medium and heavy on my computer only)

england's font and numbers I hand traced for the kits shown here - so it's as close as it can come without using an actual font - tho if you can find it, jp, I would love to have it

again i had to hand draw the puma font - not an easy task! i don't think, since this is the format for chris' site, that i'll add a first initial for the puma kits (unless chris wants "p.layer" for each one). for nike's numbers, i had to hand trace what I could find from small images, and the "player" font is DIN, the closest to what they actually use (its a slightly modified version)

On the colours of each kit - i directly took the colours from the kit images at the Official World Cup site (www.fifaworldcup.yahoo.com) - so any colour discrepancies you can take up with them :P

thanks again guys for your feedback, keep it coming!

photos are appreciated for unknowns (i.e. costa rica and sweden fonts!) thanks!

OD_Signature.jpg

england's font and numbers I hand traced for the kits shown here - so it's as close as it can come without using an actual font - tho if you can find it, jp, I would love to have it

The lettering is similar to DIN, but it's the same as the number fonts. Here is a link to wallpapers featuring the England team, and you can see the players' names typed up in that font.

http://www.thefa.com/WorldCup2006/DownloadsGames/

The FA font looks like a cross between Delta Jaeger (note the angled lines at the ends of the E and F) and Verdana.

As soon as I can find a name for it I'll pass along the info. Same with the Puma teams' lettering.

Back-to-Back Fatal Forty Champion 2015 & 2016

I haven't seen any pictures of Sweden.

Costa Rica. I could not find that many decent shots of names, but it kind of looks like Balloon.

Yes, I said Balloon. It's almost as bad as putting Hobo on the kits.

I have good news and bad news.

The good news: I have found and identified the font used for England, and its organization, the FA.

The font is called "The FA". It was designed by Jeremy Tankard, and can be found here: http://www.typography.net/commissions/thefa.htm

The bad news: It is a custom font specifically designed for the FA, and nothing more.

The surprising in-between news: there are plenty of desktop wallpapers and various graphics on the FA site, that it's possible to redraw all the letters and numbers, if one were so inclined.

As far as Sweden goes, the closest font I've found is called Cyberotica, found here: http://vllg.com/Thirstype/Cyberotica/mudTyper+Weights/. It's not the same, but it's kind of close. Someone did post a picture of the Sweden uniforms on the WhatTheFont forum, but it has not been solved yet.

I have good news and bad news.

The good news: I have found and identified the font used for England, and its organization, the FA.

The font is called "The FA". It was designed by Jeremy Tankard, and can be found here: http://www.typography.net/commissions/thefa.htm

The bad news: It is a custom font specifically designed for the FA, and nothing more.

The surprising in-between news: there are plenty of desktop wallpapers and various graphics on the FA site, that it's possible to redraw all the letters and numbers, if one were so inclined.

As another alternative, if you have Macromedia Flash, you can download the .swf with the alphabet on the bottom of your link, and extract the letters from there. I'm a hopeless n00b at Flash, so I can't do it. But it is something to consider if you have the tools.

[Croatia National Team Manager Slavan] Bilic then went on to explain how Croatia's success can partially be put down to his progressive man-management techniques. "Sometimes I lie in the bed with my players. I go to the room of Vedran Corluka and Luka Modric when I see they have a problem and I lie in bed with them and we talk for 10 minutes." Maybe Capello could try getting through to his players this way too? Although how far he'd get with Joe Cole jumping up and down on the mattress and Rooney demanding to be read his favourite page from The Very Hungry Caterpillar is open to question. --The Guardian's Fiver, 08 September 2008

Attention: In order to obtain maximum enjoyment from your stay at the CCSLC, the reader is advised that the above post may contain large amounts of sarcasm, dry humour, or statements which should not be taken in any true sort of seriousness. As a result, the above poster absolves himself of any and all blame in the event that a forum user responds to the aforementioned post without taking the previous notice into account. Thank you for your cooperation, and enjoy your stay at the CCSLC.

It doesn't always work. I tried it at home, and the pages open up as rasters. I do it at work, they transfer as vectors some of the time.

I do come bearing news about Sweden: I've kind of narrowed the font to 3 choices, all fonts distributed by T-26.

Aura: http://www.myfonts.com/fonts/t26/aura/

Megahertz http://www.myfonts.com/fonts/t26/megahertz/

Winch http://www.myfonts.com/fonts/t26/winch/

None of these may be exact matches, but they're the closest ones that I've found, much closer than Cyberotica.

Sometimes my boss will ask me why I am so tired, and it's research like this that cuts into my sleepy time :P

Great job with these. Here are a few minor mistakes I picked up on...

France and Germany change kits: The "ribbon" stripes down the side are connected.

prd_maxzoom_069174-wht.jpg

Portugal: No lines through the numbers.

Angola: Red stripe on back of white jersey and on the shorts.

PortugalCeleb_E500.jpg

Argentina: The shorts have a white stripe on the back instead of a blue one. Also, there's only the crescent shaped gold stripe on the back of the jersey and not one down the side and under the number.

dummy.jpgcrespo_argentina_home_0506.jpg

TNT: There's a stripe under the right armpit, just like on the left side.

YorkeHislop412.jpg

England.png

Well, as this is the only jersey I possess (only the home replica though) I'd like to make a couple of comments about the collar detailing:

Where you have the blue strip at the base of the collar, I have it as white with embossed Umbro logos and England wordmarks running along the length of it. In the White section immediately above that is a red St. George's Cross with the vertical taking up the entire section, and the crossbar taking up three-fourths of it. The crossbar is cut off diagoanally downawards and inwards and then there's a small gap before too small diaganl blocks on each side, both 'verticals' being diaganols parallel with the crossbar ends. the gap between the crossbar and betwen each block is the same height as the crossbar, that is approximately one third the height of the collar section.

thanks JP for that font info - I'll use aura for the lettering and then hand trace the numbers.

fred - where do I download the FA swf file?

chuck - i will fix the what you've posted - good spotting!

craig - i too have the england home kit for this year, and I know exactly what you're talking about - i did this only in the interest of saving myself time - but I think I may go back and redo the collar for them.

thanks everyone for the help, keep it coming!

OD_Signature.jpg

thanks JP for that font info - I'll use aura for the lettering and then hand trace the numbers.

fred - where do I download the FA swf file?

chuck - i will fix the what you've posted - good spotting!

craig - i too have the england home kit for this year, and I know exactly what you're talking about - i did this only in the interest of saving myself time - but I think I may go back and redo the collar for them.

thanks everyone for the help, keep it coming!

Save the page: http://www.typography.net/commissions/thefa.htm

In the folder that includes the files, there's an SWF entitled "thefa_type.swf" It's 2.3Kb in size.

Archived