All-American Football Association

rock55choc

This is just a little side projectI have been toying with for years now. I have hand drawn logos for most if not all of these teams. I try my best to have completely original team names, in terms of being used for a pro franchise. Heres what the cities and team names are. Feel free to tell me which ones you think are sweet and which ones stink. I'd really dig some feedback on this. THANKS IN ADVANCE.

REGIONAL CONFERENCE

Northwest

Seattle Surge

San Francisco Quake (have also considered using California)

Colorado Explorers

Las Vegas Jackpot

Southeast

Tampa Bay Waves

Miami Sting

Atlanta Lasers

Carolina Colonels

Mid-American

St. Louis Skykings

Milwaukee Wildcats

Minnesota Lumberjacks

Kansas City Express

CONTINENTAL CONFERENCE

Northeast

New York Regents

Boston Troopers

Philadelphia Freedom

Baltimore Barons (also considered in this slot using "DC Chiefs" but using the chiefs moniker in a presidential sense.)

Southwest

Arizona Scorpions

Dallas Stampede

Los Angeles Sabres

Houston Havoc

Midwest

Chicago Cyclones

Pittsburgh Prowlers

Cleveland Clawz (intentional misspelling)

Detroit Doom (orignally were called Motors, but I wanted to steer away from same concept used by both Pistons and Red Wings.)

My two personal favorite teams are the Minnesota Lumberjacks and the Arizona Scorpions. I have great logos drawn up for these two teams. Please offer me your thoughts. Rip it or priase it. Just let me hear somehing. Thanks again, guys.

LibertyBowl.png

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

For the San Francisco Quake. Leave it the way it is. You shouldn't call them the California Quake when there's another team playing in California, the Los Angeles Sabres.

I say pull the LA team out of California and move them to Utah or New Mexico? I dunno what you could name them but it sounds like a good idea. Then you could move the SF team to call them the California Quake?

DoM

Just my 2 cents

teams.gif

Someone be a World Champ, please!

Fantasy Football Keeper League.....PM me if you want to join!!

Just call the team in San Francisco either the San Francisco Quake, the Oakland Quake, or, better yet, the Bay Area Quake. However, if this league were to actually exist and if the San Jose Earthquakes were to return to Major League Soccer as an expansion team in the near future, their might be confusion between these 2 teams. Therefore, I would change the name of this team to something synonymous to the high tech industry in the silicon valley (i.e.: CyberBlitz, CyberDogs, CyberKnights, etc.)

YOZXkBG.png?1

I know you didn't really ask for any logo designs but I wanted to toy around with a couple of your names to see what I could come up with. I hope you don't mind and I don't really expect you to use them, I just find it hard getting inspired much. Anyway, these are the two I like, the Detroit Doom and the Colorado Explorers.

DoomLogo.gif

ExplorersLogo.gif

Hey Davenport, man I don't mind you creating your own logos for a few teams @ all. I actually really dig that logo you did for the Explorers. Brush it up a little bit and it could look especially sweet. I had more of a compass type look with a c and lower case e surrounding the compass on my design. But awesome input man. Thanks.

LibertyBowl.png

And oh yeah, thanks, JH42XCC, for pointing out about Earthquake already being used by MLS' San Jose. I only found out today in another post that they will be getting their team in 2-3 years. I am gonna have to for sure do something different with SF, because I wont all name to be orignal from the 5 major North American pro sports. Thanks for the advice.

LibertyBowl.png

Here is my revised idea for the league.

REGIONAL CONFERENCE

Northwest

Seattle Surge

California CyberCatz (Bay Area)

Oregon Ocean (Orangemen or Outlaws) Located in Portland

Las Vegas Jackpot

Southeast

Tampa Bay Waves

Miami Sting

Georgia Scorch

Carolina Colonels

Mid-American

St. Louis Skykings

Milwaukee Wildcats

Colorado Explorers

Kansas City Express

CONTINENTAL CONFERENCE

Northeast

New York Pride

Boston Birgade

Philadelphia Freedom

Pittsburgh Prowlers

Southwest

Arizona Scorpions

Dallas Stampede

Salt Lake Steelheads

Houston Havoc

Northern

Chicago Cyclones

Minnesota Lumberjacks

Cleveland Clawz

Detroit Doom

Pulled the plug on team in D.C beacuse I've never like teams in the area, do to Sercuity hassles for fans.

Bored so I taught of some rivials

Seattle v.s Oregon (Columbia River Rivalry)

Houston v.s Dallas (Lone Star State Rivalry)

Pittsburgh v.s Philadelphia (Rivalry of the Civil War)

St. Louis v.s Kansas City (Battle of the BBQ)

Tampa v.s Miami (Hurricane Rivalry)

I will mike2sana meet you in the middle, I like the Scorcher, but the Scorch is a lot better i believe

teams.gif

Dom : Mystics is used by WNBA team in NY so Im certainly not using that for a football team.

Actually, the WNBA in Washington uses the Mystics while the WNBA team in NY uses the Liberty.

YOZXkBG.png?1

I say pull the LA team out of California and move them to Utah or New Mexico? I dunno what you could name them but it sounds like a good idea. Then you could move the SF team to call them the California Quake?

DoM

Just my 2 cents

How about not.

What possible reasoning can you have to pull a team out of the 2nd largest media market in the country in favor of essentially a minor league town that bans sunday alcohol sales?

All those fantasy applications must be getting to your head. :P

VmWIn6B.png

A couple of questions,

1. How do you envision this league? Is it a rival league like the USFL, a spring league? a minor league like NFLE? That makes a big difference when you pick markets. A rival league would definitely hit big markets, especially one like LA while a minor league might opt for cities in strong football markets like, dare I say it, Birmingham, Memphis and San Antonio.

2. Why the singular nicknames? Makes teams sound too XFL and not professional.

Naming teams things like Ocean, Crunch or Rage just makes it sound minor

league. Is it that hard to come up with unnused names that have plurals?

Pumas? Scorpions? Cobras? etc.

(I blame the Arena league for this. They tend to have a lot of singular names

in an attempt to be Kewl and modern, probably because they know that most

of their franchises will only be around for 5 years before folding or moving.)

Wide :

I dont really per se have a "vision" for the league, its just something I have kicked around in my spare time. As for not using singular team names , I don't mind it, as long as it sounds good together with the place name. Also, in case you didn't notice I have already used Scorpions ... theyre the team in Arizona.

LibertyBowl.png

Dom :

As for the rest of your revisions - I like the Cyber idea for renaming the Cali team. Just not sure about using Cats bc theres already an abundance of those in pro sports. Any other idea for Cyber____ ?? I would rather not take out Colorado Explorers. This is one of my more favorite teams in the association. Id also rather not be like the NFL , without a team in the LA market. I wouldnt replace the Sabres with a team in Salt Lake.

Either Georgia Scorch or Scorcher sounds good to me. Could go both ways. Im not really partial. They do sounds better than Atlanta Lasers. I'll give ya that.

As for the rivalry idea, its a good concept. It could be even greater if there were some way to tie every team in the league to an opposite rival team. That'd be sweet. Maybe you could work on that if youd want. Let me know if you think of an alternate name for the California Cyber_____ ??

Thanks for the input man. It's appreciated.

LibertyBowl.png

Is it wrong that the first thing I thought was "Jeeze, Buffalo gets the shaft again. Can't even get a fantasy team!"

indians4.png

"You could put an empty orange helmet on the 50-yard line at Cleveland Browns Stadium and 50,000 fans would show up to stare at it."

-Terry Pluto

I think we should use a California CyberChips, I will continue to think about that. Now I think the California team should be based in LA, but take the team out of San Fran and move them to a place in Utah or maybe Idaho, Boise?

teams.gif

I wouldnt mind doing that idea but the only contradicition would be that the high-tech computer based industry in California is located in the No Cal region, not near LA. I dont see the huge problem in SF's team being called California and there still also being a team in LA. However, I just realized that Sabres is taken already (Buffalo), even though I was using it for the LA team in more of a sabre-tooth tiger manner. The AFL team in San Jose uses Sabrecats also, so I should probably ditch that idea altogether. If we go with having the Cali-team based out of LA, I would prefer Oklahoma City to be the new fanchise locale, instead of say SLC or Boise. Is that cool ??

LibertyBowl.png

Archived