USA-Ghana 6/22 radio braodcasts

DGivens87

Hey guys, I'll be traveling in the morning from RI to Baltimore from 6am-noon. Now my question is this: the USA/Ghana game's 10am. Which radio stations along the eastern seaboard (NY/NJ, Delaware and Maryland) are broadcasting the game? I know alot of you guys are in the NYC/NJ-DE-MD area. It sucks that I won't be near a TV, but I have GOT to follow the game somehow. If you guys can tell me which radio stations in each state will be broadcasting the game, please let me know.

Thanks! :D

None. I've been searching all over the AM dial the past couple weeks and have only found games in a Russian-esque language on 620 AM and in Spanish on a station I can't remember.

As per Fox News' website, apparently games are only being broadcast in English in the United States (or at least in the New York area) on XM Radio. Lame.

sticksstones4.png

The world's foremost practitioners of professional tag-team wrestling.

The US games should be on somewhere like WFAN but I guess those windbags Mike and the Mad Dog wont allow it.

Yes becasue Mike and the Mad Dog, 2 radio hosts, controll the programming. I believe XM has exclusive radio rights to the World CUp thus WFAN can't air it.

The US games should be on somewhere like WFAN but I guess those windbags Mike and the Mad Dog wont allow it.

Yes becasue Mike and the Mad Dog, 2 radio hosts, controll the programming. I believe XM has exclusive radio rights to the World CUp thus WFAN can't air it.

crap, I hope it's not just on XM...shoot, I'd even listen to it on Spanish radio if that's my only other option.

I guess the only answer I have is that you would have to buy an XM Radio. It's not bad, and if you travel a lot, it's worth it. My friend has one and he likes it a lot.

although it doesn't help you much, I believe ESPN 360 has the internet broadcasting rights.

Only certain ISPs get it though. Mine (Comcast) is not one of them.

If anyone has any ways of getting it on the internet, let me know. I've tried some english stations but they don't work over here.

I'd do the whole XM thing, but I'm almost never on the road. Just so happened that this trip down to Baltimore was planned a few months ago, and it just happened to fall on the date I'm leaving. Unfortunately, I can't leave later in the day (my uncle's driving down there with me- kind of a family trip). I may have to resort to my friends texting me with updates.

ARGH!!!! :cursing:

I don't think I've ever been as upset to miss a soccer game in my life! :evil:

Well, actually, there are two benefits to XM radio, even if you don't travel.

One is that you can listen to XM through your computer by using your XM account. Alas, all you get are the music and some of the talk stations, you don't get the sports or traffic stations.

Of course, you can also buy a speaker port for it, in which you can listen to it anywhere, although those run about $80-$100 or so.

philly.png

XM is in-fact the Official Satellite Radio Home of the World Cup, but, you're right, they might as well call it just the "official radio home," as the broadcasts aren't available anywhere else.

As far as XM, I am a subscriber, and can tell you that I think it's worth it (I got it for the MLB play-by-play as a displaced Cubs fan, and the $13 a month gives me more (MLB plus all the other channels) than the DirectTV pack's Extra Innings $170 a season (only MLB)). Those hoping to hear the World Cup broadcasts with the online broadcast option will be disapointed, as those channels (148 in English, and 147 in Spanish) are not available...

Moose

Archived