Texans concept logo

rcb05

Obviously the Texans have a GREAT logo that is in no need of replacing, but I got the idea for this a couple years ago and thought it turned out decent. It's basically a variation of their current logo, only instead of looking at the bull head on, it is a profile with the bull's head down like he's charging (facing left). It's also mean't to look like a stylized shape of Texas. C&C Welcome.

171972365_50e7cce89e_o.jpg

Be gentle, all I had to use was MS Paint, so I realize the execution is somewhat poor.

Obviously the Texans have a GREAT logo that is in no need of replacing... It's basically a variation of their current logo, only instead of looking at the bull head on, it is a profile with the bull's head down like he's charging (facing left)...

Well, obviously that first statement is up for debate. :P

I always thought that the logo wasn't head on. 570.gif To me, it looks like it's facing the right, a little bit down, and a little bit forward (lookin at you), and in no way looking directly head on.

On the actual concept: It looks okay, but that blue bar that goes up a bit then to the right (next to the white line) makes it look like it's some sort of handle bar. Something to hold onto when riding a mechanical bull.

Obviously the Texans have a GREAT logo that is in no need of replacing, but I got the idea for this a couple years ago and thought it turned out decent. It's basically a variation of their current logo, only instead of looking at the bull head on, it is a profile with the bull's head down like he's charging (facing left). It's also mean't to look like a stylized shape of Texas. C&C Welcome.

171972365_50e7cce89e_o.jpg

Be gentle, all I had to use was MS Paint, so I realize the execution is somewhat poor.

Coming from a Ravens/Texans fan, that's better than what they use currently IMO.

NYCFC - MLS CUP CHAMPIONS - 2021

it might take away from the "texas shape" but giving the horns a more pronounced inward curve (ala the current texans logo) would improve this - this would be a great fantasy logo for someone who is a texans fan but doesn't want to blatantly rip their current logo for their team - i'm diggin the idea behind it

jldesigns404eo.png

I changed the horns a bit and tried to get rid of the "handlebar" effect. I can't decide if I like this version better or not. Obviously it would need to be cleaned up again. As far as the Texas shape goes, it's a constant battle to make the bull more identifiable while still keeping the Texas shape. The bottom right half looks pretty good in my opinion, but making something look like a bull horn and the Texas panhandle is pretty difficult to do. The Texas thing may just have to be left as one of those "hidden elements" that you have to look at it the right way to see.

172716977_52ece2a080_o.jpg

Yeah, if I hadn't been told it was the shape of Texas I wouldn't have caught it.

I do think the original logo has the left side as the blue with star and the right side as red t match the Texas state flag.

texas.gif

139775815_cc7da57bca_o.jpg

Archived