ESPN Counts Down College Football Numbers

footballfiji

Some others that stood ou in 41-60.

This is Glenn Davis from Army (1943-46) but I don't know where the helmet is from. It looks to have Ram horns a la the St. Louis Rams but I thought those didn't start until the advent of plastic helmets:

ncf_41_412.jpg

Dick Butkus:

ncf_50_412.jpg

George Rogers:

ncf_38_412.jpg

Alert: Striping on helmet not straight. Thats the first thing I saw when looking at this. Its kinda cool to see mess-ups on helmet decals/stripes.

impossiblefp4.jpg

The World Basketball Championship, the Davis Cup, Ryder Cup, Iraq: Every day there's further proof that we, as a nation, are not very good at international competition.

Some others that stood ou in 41-60.

This is Glenn Davis from Army (1943-46) but I don't know where the helmet is from. It looks to have Ram horns a la the St. Louis Rams but I thought those didn't start until the advent of plastic helmets:

ncf_41_412.jpg

Dick Butkus:

ncf_50_412.jpg

No the Hall of Fame in Canton has a leather helmet that the rams painted horns on back in the day.

columbusdestroyersrf6.png

osuzd9.png

George Rogers:

ncf_38_412.jpg

Alert: Striping on helmet not straight. Thats the first thing I saw when looking at this. Its kinda cool to see mess-ups on helmet decals/stripes.

Sometimes it's just knocked askew during a game. One time some Cowboys RB had one point of the star hanging off.

Ref helmets, the guy who painted horns on his Rams helmet did it back when they wore leather helmets.

92512B20-6264-4E6C-AAF2-7A1D44E9958B-481-00000047E259721F.jpeg

Archived