76ers Concept

HarperK

I loved the old color scheme and style, i tryed to take the good aspects from what they got now and combine them with the classic look of old. C+C all the way...

76erssmall5yo.jpg

kCkLFSX.pngWGUTHKC.pngnbweR1j.png

ʎɐqǝ uo pɹɐoqʎǝʞ ɐ ʎnq ı ǝɯıʇ ʇsɐן ǝɥʇ sı sıɥʇ

I like these alot. They are way more patriotic than the current uniforms, however one thing that I'm not fond of is how on the blue jersey the side stripes are white, but then on the white jersey the side stripes are red. I am a fan of home and away uniforms matching. I think that teams road uniforms should just be a colored opposite of their home uniform. So if it were me I would make the side panels on the white jersey blue, and I would leave the stripes around the shoulders and the shorts the same color of red.

PvO6ZWJ.png

No Black. No gold. More Red, white and blue. That is good. I hate the color scheme they have now. I love the stripes down the side, and this color scheme. Classic looking, but not too boring. I really like this concept and think the sixers should always be red white and blue, even if there is a lot of red in the NBA.

MegatronSig2.jpg

fantastic!!! I must say this is one of the better sixers concepts I have seen. There are not many things that bug me with these except the over use of their primary logo. Try using their old school secondary logo that used to be on their shorts. Also, the back numbers may be slightly too high.

Untitled-3.gif

-s82.designs.webpage-

Brilliams!

Ownership

-CFA: South Beach Sharks

-NCFA: 2007 Beantown Bowl Champions; BNE Co-Champions

Couple things from me I noticed:

1 - Not feeling the slanted numbers. How would the current number font look?

2 - I don't see anything wrong with the red side panel on the white jersey - I think it looks really good.

3 - I think more use of the silver/gray would really make things pop. Perhaps as an accent color?

Nice work on these - I think these are definitely an upgrade from what they've got now!

Sodboy13 said:
As you watch more basketball, you will learn to appreciate the difference between "defense" and "couldn't find the rim with a pair of bloodhounds and a Garmin."

meet the new page, not the same as the old page.

1 - Not feeling the slanted numbers. How would the current number font look?

thought the same exact thing, but couldnt find the font, could someone point me to it?

GOOD: no black, no gold; stars a-plenty; return to a blue road primary; ditching the too-refined number script they have now.

LESS THAN GOOD: using the Heat's number font, which really doesn't mix well with the script used in the wordmark; the lone bright red "7" with everything else in deep blue stands out unnecessarily - there's no special connection to the "7", but to the "76" as a 2-digit number; not crazy about the color distribution on the home uniform - blue player name/number without outlines, and blue around the arm hole, but nowhere else on the jersey (red and white exclusively) - the red and blue need to be better mixed, especially on the home jersey.

IMPORTANT CONSIDERATION: this concept cannot be worn in an NBA game. The 76ers have never worn "76ERS" on their jersey - always "SIXERS" or "SEVENTY-SIXERS" (or the godawful "PHILA"). IIRC, NBA rules prohibit displaying another number on the jersey except for the player's number.

Then again, I was never a fan of this wordmark; they've had a few that were better, but none worse IMO. Anything you could do to dump it would be a positive step.

OVERALL: I like the idea, and I like what it could turn out to be. It's not there yet, but it's not far off. Keep this going.

"Start spreading the news... They're leavin' today... Won't get to be a part of it... In old New York..."

2007nleastchamps.png

In order for the Mets' run of 12 losses in 17 games to mean something, the Phillies still had to win 13 of 17.

I loved the old color scheme and style, i tryed to take the good aspects from what they got now and combine them with the classic look of old. C+C all the way...

76erssmall5yo.jpg

Beautiful. Definite upgrade.

Going back to a red, white, and blue scheme is a HUGE improvement over what they have now. The side panels, with the star accents, are a nice addition. I will say, though, that I believe the home and road sets should have matching panels--red, in this case. (If this concept was to fly, how would it be that the team that plays in the the city that houses the Liberty Bell can look more "national" than the team that plays in the CAPITAL OF THE COUNTRY??? I know Philly at one time WAS the national capital, along with NY, but...)...nah seriously, though, these are fantastic.

I agree about the numeral font--don't think that would work here. And I have no clue what font they use now. About the closest match I could think of would be some doctored-up version of Garamond. Or, if you can find a picture of an actual Sixers jersey with a flat number, you could just trace that numeral with the pen tool in Illustrator (or some type of tracing tool in whatever program you're using--looks like Illustrator to me) and get the number that way. (I've had to do that about a thousand times already.)

The only other lil' nibble I got involves the wordmark--I'm thinking if you're going to use two colors for that, make the 7 and 6 one color, the letters a different one. Or leave them all the same color.

Overall, though, nice, clean, and visually appealing.

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

These feel very USA Basketball to me. That's not a bad thing but leaves me wanting a bit more in the uniqueness area. I might be in the minority but I like black for Philly. It's a tough look in a tough town and gives me a Harley Davidson connection. I bet ex-Prez, Pat Croce had some influence on their current Black/gold identity for sure.

Nice work.

Randy "Hey You" Bachman

These feel very USA Basketball to me. That's not a bad thing but leaves me wanting a bit more in the uniqueness area. I might be in the minority but I like black for Philly. It's a tough look in a tough town and gives me a Harley Davidson connection. I bet ex-Prez, Pat Croce had some influence on their current Black/gold identity for sure.

Nice work.

Randy "Hey You" Bachman

well the whole reason i did the concept was because im anti-black (on jerseys...whew close one). The only reason i may not like the stars is that they may be a lil to similar to the old school nets'. As for uniqueness, Im still trying to think of something but also wanted a clean simple style. I still am planning on altering it a little, but at the same time working on a Milwaukee set.

I normally rant against patriotic colors (because so many teams have them) and now red is being used by 10/30 of the NBA, but if there were ever a team deserving of patriotic colors, it's the 76ers.

I also like how it says 76ers and not just "Sixers."

Great work, I like it a lot.

love em, and love to see my template out there ^_^

just tryin my best to do it proud:) gotta give ya props for giving it to a nobody on these forums :)

• 1 month later...

Archived