Birmingham Steeldogs jersey auction

Slammersman

Come on, guys.

The jersey was made by a kid who's in the hospital for whatever reason, probably something related to a terminal illness.

If a kid with a terminal illness gets the chance to design a jersey for a team for one game, by god, it should have whatever he or she wants on it.

I think it's great. Way to go, Birmingham Steeldogs. (And not sarcastic this time...)

BigStuffChamps3_zps00980734.png

• 3 weeks later...
IMG_0236.jpg

According to this guy's wrist, he is doing more than playing arena football.

About the jerseys, not bad at all. Being that a child designed them, the number font and placement works. Doesn't look gaudy or anything.

Well they looked ok as they were designed by a kid. If they would take the flower off and center the front #'s and outline them. I would like them as a start for our regular uniforms, but Our current uni's look like the Chicago Bears Uni's so I hope that don't happen.

hawkplayerprofile.jpg

I'm a mark for the flower, myself, because it's so off-beat that it works. They should incorporate that into their uniforms full-time. Just change it into a stylized magnolia and put it on their road jerseys as a 'reminder of home.' That way, their uniforms themselves, not just their logos, are a reference to BIR. Plus, this is indoor football: you need to look different to set yourselves apart. I think if they kept the flower full-time on black road unis they could do decent merch sales.

oakqb4.jpg

Archived