Mega man x7

nitroseed

Knowing that there are quite a few Mega Man fans on this board, I thought I'd put out a general census about the new game that recently came out since I'm curious to know what other people think about it. Being an avid Mega Man follower since 1989, I had my doubts about this new foray into 3D land... and I was right. I absolutely hated this game. It didn't even feel like a Mega Man game to me. What's your take on it if you've played it? And if you haven't played it, do you plan on trying it?

Im more into the original mega man series (dr wily, protoman, bass and all them). However I am just starting to get into the Mega Man X series, but I havent played any other games past the first one yet  :D.

but if what youre saying is true, then I probably wont like it either. when I think of mega man I think of traditional side scrolling platform games. thats why Ive never taken to liking the "Mega Man Legends" series, Mega Man is just not RPG!

I love it.  I bought it the day it came out.

I'm surprised how easily the transistion from 2D to 3D is.  The two aspects I thought would have real problems translating, wall-climbing and air dashing, were executed flawlessly.  (Both come in extremely handy in the Tunnel Base stage and during the battle with Red.)  I love the 2.5D parts of the game (like the Radar Tower and Jungle stages and opening highway stage)  It feels amazingly like a MMX game, only in 3D, therefore making you have to compose new strategies (especially when fighting Flame Hyenard.  I wanted to shoot someone the first time I played him, but once you figure out the strategy, he insanely easy).

X7 does have an extremely steep learning curve to it though.  It took me about an hour just to get through the first stage.  But once I did, the controls were a lot easier to control.

I love playing this game.  My one beefs with it are

1. the fact that once again Capcom didn't translate the boss names into proper English.

2. the armor pieces for X were very easy to find and some other pieces just weren't hidden at all.

3. those gates that you always have to enter to fight the boss (with the giant screws) are gone.

--Roger "Time?" Clemente.

champssig2.png
Follow me on Twitter if you care: @Animal_Clans.

My opinion may or may not be the same as yours. The choice is up to you.

Archived