Microsoft New MP3 Player-Zune

ashbob

Great, another terrific product from Microsoft.... Mr. Gates, pardon me if I don't run yu over on my way to buying one.

You can take my iPod when you pry it from my cold dead hands!

On a design note, it is interesting but doesn't say mp3 to me.

Surprised Microsoft didn't follow their typical pattern and call it iZune

As you look at the "monkey bars" doesn't it kinda look like a wireframe illustration of a device that has 2 "flip phone" type of hinged ends on it so that when partially open it looks like a 'Z' for Zune?

Just thinking out loud.

As you look at the "monkey bars" doesn't it kinda look like a wireframe illustration of a device that has 2 "flip phone" type of hinged ends on it so that when partially open it looks like a 'Z' for Zune?

Just thinking out loud.

This is the device according to engadget.com

microsoft_argo_player.jpg

Logo and device are totally independent.

Great, another terrific product from Microsoft.... Mr. Gates, pardon me if I don't run yu over on my way to buying one.

You can take my iPod when you pry it from my cold dead hands!

On a design note, it is interesting but doesn't say mp3 to me.

Surprised Microsoft didn't follow their typical pattern and call it iZune

I have an iPod. 4 of them in fact. A 60GPhoto, a 20G Gen 4, a Mini and a shuffle.

And you can have them all when...

...someone makes a better MP3 player.

The iPod isnt great, it is just the best out there. There is a laundry list of things I wish were different about the iPod, and I refuse to believe companies like Sony, Samsung, Sanyo, and yes, Microsoft, are goign to sit idly by and let Apple eat 80% of the MP3 market without giving it a better try.

The machine can be better than the iPod. Now, lets see if it is.

NCFA Sunset Beach Tech - Octopi

ΓΔΒ!

Going to college gets you closer to the real world, kind of like climbing a tree gets you closer to the moon.

"...a nice illustration of what you get when skill, talent, and precedent are deducted from 'creativity.' " - James Howard Kunstler

I had seen that supposed image of the player but until we see the unveiling I don't know if believe it for sure.

As fo rthe iPod needing imporvements...

I have yet to see a perfect product of any kind that can't use improvements.

However, I trust Steve Jobs to create and improve on the most unique and innovative products. We have seen pop culture follow Apple's lead ever since he came back to Apple.

After the first gen iMacs EVERYTHING started to appear in multiple colors, unique designs from toasters to blenders to other computers... then the iMacs and other Apple products moved to the white cases... then EVERYONE started created more sterile looking machines and products.

Windows has ALWAYS followed in the footsteps of the Mac OS in style but typical Microsoft made the system so unstable and full of holes.

Now 5 years after the first iPod Microsoft wants to take on the most popular mp3 player?

This will be typical microsoft crap.

Apple is constanlty improving and making everyone play catch up.

I choose brand loyalty over the "newest thing" so I can help Apple continue making the best products out there.

You see! Monkey bars!

I have no problem with Macs, but I welcome another MP3 player. It makes a better alternative and inspire ipods to be better. Personally, I use this old school mp3 player.

f2_1.JPG

196604841_d451a3c912_m.jpg

Stop by for some Cheeseandpackers.com

You see! Monkey bars!

I have no problem with Macs, but I welcome another MP3 player. It makes a better alternative and inspire ipods to be better. Personally, I use this old school mp3 player.

f2_1.JPG

Amazing! I, too have the 20G Archos juke box! It wasnt working right, so i moved to my first iPod.

RedEye, you are absolutely right about iPod being the best choice, about no product being perfect, and that honoring brand loyalty keeps products progressing.

What I was sayins is that even the iPods, as the best MP3 player out there, still isn't very good.

MP3 players arent a very mature market at all. You want some proof, take a look at cell phones. I have a Samsung Blade, witha full color display bigger than the iPod video, capable of full-quality streaming TV, up and downloading files, custom fonts, custom backgrounds, full internet browsing, huge calendars and contact lists... ...oh, yeah, not to mention calling people around the world. All of that in a metal case with 17 buttons half as thick as an ipod.

Soon, MP3 players will end up mature, and they will be great.

But it aint right now. But they will do.

NCFA Sunset Beach Tech - Octopi

ΓΔΒ!

Going to college gets you closer to the real world, kind of like climbing a tree gets you closer to the moon.

"...a nice illustration of what you get when skill, talent, and precedent are deducted from 'creativity.' " - James Howard Kunstler

That logo doesn't say Microsoft to me, since they've been gradient happy the last couple of years.

As far as mp3 players, I personally will take a Creative Nomad over an iPod everyday of the week.

I once had a car but I crashed it. I once had a guitar but I smashed it. I once, wait where am I going with this?

I'm one of the few without an iPod. My girlfriend and I share her 1G bronze mini at the gym, but the battery died a few months ago and we haven't bothered replacing it.

Being that I'm mostly on a Mac, I'm stuck with an iPod for portable mp3 needs. However, I do keep on top of the industry, and Apple is totally luck to be in the position they're in. There are scads of DAP that play multiple video formats, view photos, can tune in FM stations and are just as durable, and all for less. People are able to adjust to the lack of a clickwheel. Heretofore, however, they won't.

However, one thing will always keep me in Apple's pocket, when and if I decide to buy a DAP: iTunes. It seems Zune will definitely require some form of Windows Media Player, and there is not a chance I will move over for that. iTunes makes too much sense and is so easy to use that I will not switch.

I hope for the market's sake, however, that Zune does okay. Right now, it kind of looks like a cheap iPod with a dedicated back button. I'm not sure many people were looking for that, but it'd be nice to see real competition in the mp3 marketplace. Anything to push out iPod releases faster.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

Apple Fanaticism...

Wow. Someone needs to get some fresh air.

why?

because someone is loyal to the products he chooses to spend his hard earned money on?

maybe we mac users/apple fans should just go with the flow of the masses and buy operating systems that are full of bugs and security holes.

Archived