Tony Gwynn Jr about to make debut.

NJTank

I have been watching him here in Nashville (Brewers' AAA). He is solid at the plate, not near the average as his old man but nobody will be. A little more power that Tony Sr but alot more speed on the bases, good fielder. But when he speaks he sounds frighteningly just like his dad.

RobbyBox2.jpg

Are the Brewers trying to set a record for having the most players who are sons of former major league players? They have Gwynn and Fielder. Are they going to make trades for Jessie Barfields son Josh who plays for the Padres and Griffey Jr?

Wouldn't surprise me.

Fielder at first, Barfield at second, Boone at third, Griffey Jr and Gwynn Jr in the outfield. Who else could fill out the rest? Sandy Alomar Jr catching...Hairston Jr? Short or outfield with him?

david bell, bonds.

PvO6ZWJ.png

Are the Brewers trying to set a record for having the most players who are sons of former major league players? They have Gwynn and Fielder. Are they going to make trades for Jessie Barfields son Josh who plays for the Padres and Griffey Jr?

The Rangers have Jerry Hairston, Jr. and Gary Mathews, Jr. in their outfield... if they pick up Jose Cruz, Jr. things would get insane.

Other sons of major leaguers...

- Moises Alou

- There's gotta be a Boone out there

- Tim Raines, Jr.

- Pete Rose, Jr. (i think his career has already tanked)

---

Chris Creamer
Founder/Editor, SportsLogos.Net

"The Mothership" • News • Facebook • X/Twitter • Instagram

Are the Brewers trying to set a record for having the most players who are sons of former major league players?  They have Gwynn and Fielder.  Are they going to make trades for Jessie Barfields son Josh who plays for the Padres and Griffey Jr?

The Rangers have Jerry Hairston, Jr. and Gary Mathews, Jr. in their outfield... if they pick up Jose Cruz, Jr. things would get insane.

- Moises Alou

- Tim Raines, Jr.

Aaron Boone of the Indians and Bret Boone who I don't think is on a team right now.

Are the Brewers trying to set a record for having the most players who are sons of former major league players?  They have Gwynn and Fielder.  Are they going to make trades for Jessie Barfields son Josh who plays for the Padres and Griffey Jr?

- Moises Alou

- Tim Raines, Jr.

PJ Rose never even had a career one brief call up as a publicity stunt and 18 years in the low minors much of which in Independant Leagues.

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

As if his lack of Major League ability were not reason enough, Pete Jr will not be going anywhere these days...

Rose Jr. faces jail time

Hit King's son guilty of distributing drug to teammates

NASHVILLE, Tenn. (AP) -- Pete Rose Jr., the son of baseball's all-time hits leader, pleaded guilty Monday to charges that he distributed GBL, a drug sometimes sold as a steroid alternative, to his minor league teammates.

The 35-year-old Rose appeared before a federal judge and said nothing but "yes, sir" when asked if he understood the charges and his plea.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2005/base...7/rosejr.drugs/

http://www.dea.gov/pubs/pressrel/pr110705.html

RobbyBox2.jpg

Archived