CHICAGO BEARS LOGO!

random_ax

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Don't mess with a classic!!! No, No, NO!!! :blink:

Kansas-BB-banner.png My-son-Soldier-banner.png

Kansas City Scouts (CHL) Orr Cup Champions 2010, 2019, 2021         St. Joseph Pony Express (ULL)  2023 Champions     Kansas City Cattle (CL)

I feel like they used the Bear/C logo at midfield in the mid-90's. Anyone remember?

I know "Bears" in the endzone was done in cursive at some point in the 90's, which I kind of liked. Though the block letters they use now are good too.

I agree with the others on this thread that the wishbone C should not be changed, and I wouldn't want them to change it at midfield either. Those are classic looks that people instantly recognize as the Chicago Bears. There's no reason to change.

I definitely wouldn't suggest they change the helmet with the C logo, but it wouldn't be horrible if they used the bear head a little more often. Midfield would be a good spot for it, as would a uni patch (even small at the V of the collar or something, or at the top of the pants stripe.) The bear head is a good logo, but the helmet is a classic and definitely shouldn't change.

indians4.png

"You could put an empty orange helmet on the 50-yard line at Cleveland Browns Stadium and 50,000 fans would show up to stare at it."

-Terry Pluto

I've been a Bears fan allmy life. I wouldlove to see the team change the helmet logo. Now, I'm not asking to have it changed to any new logo.... the one that now adorns much of their merchandise would be my choice.

http://www.logoserver.com/football/ChicagoBears4.GIF

Anyone else agree that the "C" is boring and we need to get the growling bear up there. And for those who would argue for tradition, a form of that growling bear has been used since AT LEAST 1949 per my call to the Pro Football Hall of Fame.

No.

Well put, amare. I'll second that.

It's where I sit.

I've been a Bears fan allmy life. I wouldlove to see the team change the helmet logo. Now, I'm not asking to have it changed to any new logo.... the one that now adorns much of their merchandise would be my choice.

Anyone else agree that the "C" is boring and we need to get the growling bear up there. And for those who would argue for tradition, a form of that growling bear has been used since AT LEAST 1949 per my call to the Pro Football Hall of Fame.

No.

The logo I'm talking about changing is a letter "C". It was "created" at a time when nobody had much ability to do anything else. The one I'm talking about using has a 46 year old history...at least...not exactly flying in the face of tradition.

Many teams have changed/updated their logos in the last 20 years....

LIONS, 49ERS,RAMS,FALCONS,EAGLES,CARDINALS, GIANTS, PATRIOTS,BUCS,BILLS,JETS, DOLPHINS,OILERS/TITANS, RAVENS, SEAHAWKS ETC

No.

The logo I'm talking about changing is a letter "C". It was "created" at a time when nobody had much ability to do anything else. The one I'm talking about using has a 46 year old history...at least...not exactly flying in the face of tradition.

LIONS, 49ERS,RAMS,FALCONS,EAGLES,CARDINALS, GIANTS, PATRIOTS,BUCS,BILLS,JETS, DOLPHINS,OILERS/TITANS, RAVENS, SEAHAWKS ETC

The Bears have a great potential to have the best helmet in the league. And the bear logo I'm suggesting IS a known logo that people associate with the team.

No.

The Bears have a great potential to have the best helmet in the league. And the bear logo I'm suggesting IS a known logo that people associate with the team.

Understood. Just because other teams have done it doesn't mean that all have to do so. For instance, for every decent logo upgrade (I won't pick one, so that we don't go off on that tangent), there's a Buffalo Bills (safely picking one with near universal disparagement around here).

Yes, the Bear head is a nice logo. It's not needed on the helmet, though. Everything doesn't have to be "fierce", as one poster requested elsewhere.

It's where I sit.

Lions - Over the years they have lightened the blue and added outlines, first white and then black. They haven't drastically altered the logo at all.

49ers - Essentially stylized their logo, staying true to its essential elements. Please note that the one attempt to completely revamp the logo (1991) was met with such immediate furor from the public that it was scrapped post haste and no further updating effort was made for a full five years thereafter.

Rams - First a change from yellow to white, then back to yellow and finally a change to Millenium Gold. Never a change in style, though. Always a ram horn.

Falcons - They stylized and updated the bird/"F" logo. A change in style but not substance.

Eagles - They have made numerous changed in coloring and styling but have never abandoned the eagle wing motif.

Cardinals - They simply updated and stylized the cardinal head logo. No drastic change, in all reality.

Giants - They originally stylized the "NY" logo for a few years before going to the "GIANTS" logo and they eventually reverted to their first decal design. Yes, it's a drastic change to go from NY to GIANTS and back, however it's always been a word or lettermark logo; never a move from letters to pictures.

Patriots - Okay, this is clearly a drastic change in logo, but again, it's a "logo to logo" change rather than moving from a letter mark to a logo. And in the Patriots' context, it's relevant to mention that the franchise has tinkered with its uniform quite frequently over the last decade and a half, much more so than the charter NFL franchise we're talking about.

Bucs - Again, this is clearly a wholesale change, but one that was made only 21 seasons in on the team's existence, an existence that at the time was badly pockmarked by futility. Love it as I did, the Bucco Bruce logo never carried the same cachet and tradition as the Bears' wishbone C.

Bills - There have been some stylistic and color changes over the years, but all have remained true to the Buffalo theme.

Jets - For the better part of the last 40 years, the Jets have used two main logos, each of which utilizes a "Jets" wordmark - one standing alone and the other superimposed over an "NY" inside of an oval medallion. Again, no major departures and certainly no abandonment of a word or letter based logo in favor or an illustration of some sort.

Dolphins - Stylistic and color changes only. Always a leaping, helmeted dolphin.

Oiler - A number of stylistic and color changes during the first 15 years of the team's existence and then nothing but consistency until the team's rebranding in 1999.

Ravens - A team with less than four seasons of history at the time of a logo change that was made to avoid litigation. Sorry, not a compelling case.

Seahawks - Recoloring and stylizing of the original helmet logo.

As you can see, I'm really not buying any of your examples as rationale for the Bears' abandoning the helmet decal that has long been established as one of the NFL's most recognizeable marks. It should be noted that the wishbone C has been updated with color and stylistic tweaks over the years, however the team has never seen a compelling reason to move from a letter based mark to a graphics based mark. Clearly the opportunity to make such a move has been present for decades, however the team has chosen not to make that move and it's doubtful such a move would be embraced by the community or the legions of Bears fans worldwide. The 49ers found out the hard way that drastic changes to teams not really clamoring for them are not well received.

I feel like they used the Bear/C logo at midfield in the mid-90's. Anyone remember?

Yes, I remember the Bear/C at midfield. I think it might have been more in the late 80's to early 90's. During the holiday season the Bears would place a Santa hat on the Bear.

I also remember the Jaguars doing the same thing to their midfield logo.

The Bears have a great potential to have the best helmet in the league.

My (biased) opinion would have the Bears with the best helmet in the league as it is... But that's just because the Packers (yes, as much as I hate the Pack, their helmet is simply great) decided to add sparkels to their yellow. If it weren't for that, those two would be tied. As it is, the Pack slip to second.

Moose

Lions - Over the years they have lightened the blue and added outlines, first white and then black. They haven't drastically altered the logo at all.

49ers - Essentially stylized their logo, staying true to its essential elements. Please note that the one attempt to completely revamp the logo (1991) was met with such immediate furor from the public that it was scrapped post haste and no further updating effort was made for a full five years thereafter.

Rams - First a change from yellow to white, then back to yellow and finally a change to Millenium Gold. Never a change in style, though. Always a ram horn.

Falcons - They stylized and updated the bird/"F" logo. A change in style but not substance.

Eagles - They have made numerous changed in coloring and styling but have never abandoned the eagle wing motif.

Cardinals - They simply updated and stylized the cardinal head logo. No drastic change, in all reality.

Giants - They originally stylized the "NY" logo for a few years before going to the "GIANTS" logo and they eventually reverted to their first decal design. Yes, it's a drastic change to go from NY to GIANTS and back, however it's always been a word or lettermark logo; never a move from letters to pictures.

Patriots - Okay, this is clearly a drastic change in logo, but again, it's a "logo to logo" change rather than moving from a letter mark to a logo. And in the Patriots' context, it's relevant to mention that the franchise has tinkered with its uniform quite frequently over the last decade and a half, much more so than the charter NFL franchise we're talking about.

Bucs - Again, this is clearly a wholesale change, but one that was made only 21 seasons in on the team's existence, an existence that at the time was badly pockmarked by futility. Love it as I did, the Bucco Bruce logo never carried the same cachet and tradition as the Bears' wishbone C.

Bills - There have been some stylistic and color changes over the years, but all have remained true to the Buffalo theme.

Jets - For the better part of the last 40 years, the Jets have used two main logos, each of which utilizes a "Jets" wordmark - one standing alone and the other superimposed over an "NY" inside of an oval medallion. Again, no major departures and certainly no abandonment of a word or letter based logo in favor or an illustration of some sort.

Dolphins - Stylistic and color changes only. Always a leaping, helmeted dolphin.

Oiler - A number of stylistic and color changes during the first 15 years of the team's existence and then nothing but consistency until the team's rebranding in 1999.

Ravens - A team with less than four seasons of history at the time of a logo change that was made to avoid litigation. Sorry, not a compelling case.

Seahawks - Recoloring and stylizing of the original helmet logo.

As you can see, I'm really not buying any of your examples as rationale for the Bears' abandoning the helmet decal that has long been established as one of the NFL's most recognizeable marks. It should be noted that the wishbone C has been updated with color and stylistic tweaks over the years, however the team has never seen a compelling reason to move from a letter based mark to a graphics based mark. Clearly the opportunity to make such a move has been present for decades, however the team has chosen not to make that move and it's doubtful such a move would be embraced by the community or the legions of Bears fans worldwide. The 49ers found out the hard way that drastic changes to teams not really clamoring for them are not well received.

He's got you there, lol :P

The Bears have a great potential to have the best helmet in the league.

My (biased) opinion would have the Bears with the best helmet in the league as it is... But that's just because the Packers (yes, as much as I hate the Pack, their helmet is simply great) decided to add sparkels to their yellow. If it weren't for that, those two would be tied. As it is, the Pack slip to second.

Moose

I'd like to argue that point.

But I can't. :mad:

It's where I sit.

The Bills changed their logo from the red standing buffalo to the current blue charging one in 1974, and, aside from its size on the helmet, has not changed since then.

BTW, "near universal disparagement around here" for the Bills logo? News to me.

Put me on the logo at midfield. Like...

bearsfield.gif

that's a sharp looking field design, but i like how they have CHICAGO in one endzone. the bear at midfield is a better choice than the 'C' in my opinion. however, no logo, helmet, or uniform changes need to take place with this franchise. they've got it down.

SignatureCCSL.png

Put me on the logo at midfield. Like...

bearsfield.gif

It's not bad, but where's Chicago on there? My ideal field has "CHICAGO" in both endzones and the C at midield. I think this was the design at Old Soldier, actually. That Chicago wordmark was weird. They've since made it fit in better.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

BTW, "near universal disparagement around here" for the Bills logo? News to me.

It's not the Bills logo everyone hates, it's the new uniform, I think, that was referenced as being universally hated...

Moose

Archived