Austin wranglers logo to be unveiled...

nitroseed

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Erik .. the quality of the illustration and execution of the design as a whole is excellent, no question about that.  Its probably the fiercest looking horse I have ever seen.  Great job in expressing that while staying within logo boundaries and not getting too illustrative.

My beef is more so with the concept and direction handed to you (in both logo direction and team naming).  It seems to be lazy and lacks originality.  I really shouldn't expect anything fantastic from the AFL, but still.

Again, excellent execution, poor original concept from the men with money.

Absolutely.

We should be congratulating Erik.  Based off his website this is his first, of what hopefully will be many, excellent solo pro sports logo projects.

I have to admit, when I first saw it I kind of had an...".....ummm" feeling too.  I honestly don't know what caused that.  But it certainly wasn't the work.  It's beautious.  The wordmark in particular, is wicked.

I'm willing to right off the initial mediocre response to some sort of misguided expectations.  It isn't ground breaking really and it does have an elipse in it...but it's just plain well done. I can tell ya that teams do not hand over a blank canvas.  They have perimeters, expectations, criteria and enough second guessing by committee to make you nuts.

For what it's worth, I'm really very impressed.  A lot bigger teams have spent a lot more money for far inferior work this year.

Solid solid job man...like your site too.  Makes me really want to revisit my poor excuse for a portfolio site.

Welcome to this board (if we didn't scare you off) and good luck in the future.

The Official Cheese-Filled Snack of NASCAR

Pantone, you run SSUR?

Yep...that would be me.

I'm way behind on updates again...my wife and I have been up to our eyeballs in work the last month or so...but making money is priority these days (!)...

I'm trying to make time this holiday weekend to get some updates done...

Is it just me or is this board quickly becoming the San Diego Padres' Friar... there is nothing we cannot do... this is the only place I can think of that professionals like Sterling, Nitro and EHollander, Hacks hoping to get into this field like myself, and newbies that just like talking sports design... yay us...lol

GDB... Brothers from other Mothers

www.pifflespodcast.com

Thanks folks for the encouragement!  And to those who were less than impressed - thanks for at least being honest with how you feel.  I really appreciate the imput both ways.

Thanks for welcoming me into this forum community.  I must say I'm impressed with the polite atmosphere of this board.

At any rate, I'd be honored to be linked within the SSUR.org site, Pantone. Thanks for asking.

Erik

:D

Yeah pantone, I'd gladly take the publicity you can throw from SSUR.  

Also, let me know if you ever need anything with keeping SSUR running smoothly.  I think its a fantastic site, and I'd hate to see it cave in like theSLE had to do because you didn't have the time for it.  Thanks man.

I'll get Erik's and js's links up there very soon...

I won't abandon the site - I'm really seeing the potential it has, and want to do something good with it.  Even though I've been a professional musician for over 24 years now, THIS stuff is my true passion.  My wife (who is not into sports at all) is constantly amazed by the attention the site gets.  A site with a stinkin' FrontPage template.  I hate the look of it by the way...

Oh, and I really want the SSUR to be a PART of the logo/uniform community, not in competition with any other related site.  Unless, someone comes up with something basically copying my idea...

JQK, is that a Steven Wright quote.

If not it sounds like him.

Saw him once, that guy kills me.

It was the quote Pantone had.. but he has since chucked it...

I dunno who it's from, it's just a funny-ass quote...

Stay Tuned Sports Podcast
sB9ijEj.png

Archived