Nfl uniform changes

Chazberg

Well this year has given us many new and altered NFL uniforms, from major changes like with the Falcons and Lions, to subtle stuff like with the Eagles and Browns. I was just wondering which ones you guys hated the most, and maybe which ones you like the most too (And let's please not mention those disgusting alternates). Personally, I have grown very fond of the new Lions unis, and I also like the new Atlanta duds a lot. My second favorite behind the Lions would probably be the Jets' green pants with the white jerseys. Gorgeous. The changes I hate the most our Cleveland's, with the different pants stripe, wordmark on the collar and plain, solid socks. They need to go back to the one pair of white pants and the stripes on the brown socks, those rocked. I do love the orange pants though. The Eagles changes aren't that bad, they just REALLY need to make that charcoal color silver and change the stripe on the green pants. Lemme know what you guys think.

You know what, i don't think any nfl uniform change was awful. Every one of them was an improvement. From tampa bay to the giants to the seahawks to the falcons. Even the all-navy bills combo is better than the old bills red helmet, light blue jersey, white pants.

For starters, as much as we critique uniforms and logos on this board, I think it rule 851.a in the bylaws of being a man to never refer to something on this board as gorgeous...

With that said... the Jets white jersey/green pants is a great combo... definitely cool.  Not so sure I'd agree that the Lions changes were "major", however they've grown on me a bit.  

I do have to say that I think the 75th anniversary Lions uni's were some of the best of all time.

grc

yanks_sig.gif

Totally agree...the Seahawks unis are an abhorration!! The color is a combination of green and blue metallic puke, like the kinda puke u get when u drink too much blue heaven juice...

HATE

Bills especially the blue on blue, doesn't even match the helmet...

Pats blue on blue...once again, helmet doesn't match the combo...

Miami green on green (see note above)

Jets (see note above)

AFC East needs some "dress w/o looking stupid" lessons

Lions and Falcons, along with the green pants/white jersey combo for the Jets...all very sharp looks.

I like how New Orleans goes with the gold pants with their white jerseys instead of those ugly black leotards...

-New falcons: i love the new helmet logo and the jerseys are pretty hot, especially the red one. that should be their permanent home unis.

-Jets: Green pants should be worn at least 8 times per year. They look awesome with either the white OR the green uni!

-Seahawks: i know almost everyone here hates their new look, but i honestly think their new helmets are the nicest in the league. That "Seahawks' Pacific Blue" or whatever its called is gorgeous!

-Bills: only their dark jerseys. If the red stripes on the sides matched the stripes on their dark pants, they would be among the nicest in the league

-Panthers: i can't say enough about those Carolina Blue jerseys. without a doubt, they should be their permanent colored jerseys

-Browns: i love everything about their image except the orange jerseys. the logoless helmet should NEVER be touched.

HATE

-Patriots: their silver jerseys just look like dirty versions of their home ones. and their AOC combo is hideous

-Dolphins: should be renamed the Miami Crossing guards after wearing those atrocious orange jerseys on Sunday night..........please, never let those see the light of day again

-Jaguars: their all-black look is sick....and not in a good way

-raiders: need some life injected into those unis......and the team while you're at it

Whoa man, I think the Raiders fall in the category with the Bears, Packers, Steelers, Browns, and Colts-you don't touch the unis. As for the Falcons and Panthers, I know a lot of people think their alternates should be their permanent home jerseys, but I think both teams' black jerseys are nicer and more unique and should stay the home jerseys for good. And does anyone else think the Eagles would look good in grey pants? Just an idea I've been playing with.

for me, the Carolina "blues" look the best (hey, it's my team!) but we did wear them last year also. i like using the alts only twice a year (one at home, one away)

i also like the Texans "battle reds".

not real crazy over the Miami orange (holding final judgment until after they whip-up on Dallas in the Turkey day game).

edit: Dolphins won't be in orange Thursday, from USAToday.com "They will wear replica white jerseys from the 1973 season, and the helmet logo features a smiling dolphin."

dislike the Philly "blacks", NE's "dirty silvers".

Carolina Dreamin'

ΓΔΒ ΓΔΒ ΓΔΒ

When a robotic Nixon is on the loose, we have a duty to take action.

Archived