New Illinois Basketball Uniforms

illini1

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Did anyone else notice that they moved the placement of the swoosh on the shorts to the bottom? I'm hoping that the shorts are some kind of fashion short since the swoosh isn't in the traditional place. I'm afraid that it probably is the game short though since the stripes on the shorts match the side stripes on the jersey. The circle I would look much better on these shorts than just the plain I, although the best option would have been the Chief head.

Did anyone else notice that they moved the placement of the swoosh on the shorts to the bottom? I'm hoping that the shorts are some kind of fashion short since the swoosh isn't in the traditional place. I'm afraid that it probably is the game short though since the stripes on the shorts match the side stripes on the jersey. The circle I would look much better on these shorts than just the plain I, although the best option would have been the Chief head.

Email Ron Guenther please...tell him how bad they are...

As always I will reserve total judgement until I see them in use. As long as there is an orange set I think I'll be happy.

I like the waistband...alot.

I like no more black.

I don't like the sholder stripes.

I'd like to see more elastic on the jersey.

I don't like the Block I on the shorts. Its the worst logo, possibly ever. It makes everything that has it on it look like it was purchased at Wal-Mart. Oh wait...I remembered a worse one. When they have the block I with the football "Illinois" in front of it.

I've gotten used to the goofy number font by now, so that I can deal with.

I'm not as upset as everyone else is. A few things could have been better. I wouldn't say upgrade on the white and orange, but no matter what, upgrade on the blue. The black ruined it.

I didn't like the Illini wearing orange for every game. I can't tell if these are better, though. Why don't they use the ILLINOIS script for the basketball jerseys? That looks cool.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

The circle I would look much better on these shorts than just the plain I, although the best option would have been the Chief head.

I'm no Illinois fan, but I wish they would use the Chief's head logo more as I think it's a great looking logo. Unfortunately, I'm sure they won't do that due to PC issues.

I'd have to agree that nothing was broken with the uniforms. The football and basketball uniforms were very classy and professional. The basketball uni's were my favorite (and not just because I go to the school). They were so perfect. All 3 versions. Now they bring this tweak and think it's an improvement but it's just garbage. This includes the kiddie zig zag stripe. I hate it. I want the old ones again. In fact I'm gonna buy an old jersey before this crap hits the shelves.

So WNBA... change it up.

T.

Oops, there goes your last major client. :rolleyes:

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

I can't really add much to this except that I'm disgusted with the shoulder striping, which messed up the Big Ten in last year's ACC-Big Ten Challenge. I loved the old uniforms, and it's a shame they dropped the orange. Really I can't find many good things to say about these. They're inconsistent, ugly, Nike-fied, and not Orange. Thanks Nike, you messed up another basketball team.

Put Your Hands up For Detroit (our lovely city)

Archived