Take a bite out of this!

OB33

Last year some of you may have remembered my shark logo for my EFL team, the Columbus Sharks. I already showed the basic unis on the EFL page but I added a couple more touches and thought maybe I could get some advice on what I could change. This year I kept the logo more or less the same the gills are now blue and the blue has darkened from a bright royal blue to a more common navy, primarily to add more pop to the neon green. Also tried to add some more design to the jersey by adding the logo/wordmark to the collar and putting gills on the side.

sharksmediafy2.png

(I know, no helmets just try and imagine for now)

C&C

#CHOMPCHOMPCHOMP

Brilliant. Simply brilliant. A perfect example of how the K.I.S.S. method and abstraction can work together (speaking of the logo). People think shark, they think vicious, "in your face" almost. Neon green certainly does that. it also, for some reason, adds a dimension of "speed", and sharks, as we all know, usually don't or can't stop moving, and when they move, they move rather quickly.

It all works for me. just darken the blue just a tad lil bit and there you have it.

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

That's a cool concept but not the green. Add like a cool blue. Plus, do you still have the football uni template? I was looking all over for that.

MetsChiefsEspnSig.gif

College sports as we know them are just about dead. The lid is off on all the corruption that taints just about every major program and every decision that the schools or the NCAA make is only about money, money, and more money. We'll have three 16+ team super-conferences sooner rather than later, killing much of the regional flair and traditional rivalries that make college sports unique and showing the door to any school that doesn't bring money to the table in the process. Pretty soon the smaller schools are going to have to consider forming their own sanctioning body to keep the true spirit of college sports alive because the NCAA will only get worse in it's excess from here

The logo is not too bad, could be better though. But, the colors chosen need to go. I'm not feeling the Purple and Lime green combo. The green is just too bright. However, I do like your uniform design.

I believe the colors are BLUE and neon green, no purple in there.

sharksmedia1ds0.png

Darkened the blue a bit, I realized yesterday how much a color can change from monitor to monitor it went from what I thought was a navy on the PC to an almost royal on my laptop. Haven't had a chance to really work on the logo yet and I'm still learning the ins and outs of vectors so I'll see if I can make any improvements.

And for those that don't like the green--I hear you and fully understand what you're saying, but I'm not changing it. Not that I disrespect your opinion I just really wanted to use this color on something.

#CHOMPCHOMPCHOMP

:shocked:

Holy !!!!

Now THIS is Creative!!!

Loving it...

This has to be the best hybrid Wordmark-Logo I have ever seen.

I used to make cartoons out of people's names' letters, (for fun with the kids) and I totally dig this one...

I totally respect your decision on not changiing the green, while I would personnally, use just a little less, at the risk of copying the seahawks.

The lime green is one of my favourite colours a can complement almost any dark colour.

I would love to see (I may even try it for myself-not publishing) switching the blue and green in the logo/wordmark.

And I think adding some thickness to the letters would just make it look even MORE like the sahpe of the Shhark, give it a shot.

Again, one of hte most creative concepts I've seen in years...

AWESOME :boogie:

@Frenchie_TO
Owner of the Rochester Americans of the MLH

Owner of the Toronto Frenchies of the GCFHL6

simply genius.... the colors and the woodmark...

the only thing though, the pelvic fins (both sides of the shark) are located in front of the dorsal fin...

so my suggestion would be to illustrate the pelvic fins between the ''H'' and the ''A'' instead of between the ''A'' and the ''R''....

other than this, the way you illustrated a shark with the woodmark is very creative...

well done! (**)(**)(**)

Le QUÉBÉCOIS

sign_zps3c6a5c3f.jpg

I had a feeling that might be brought up, to be honest the first time I ever saw that logo was this summer in a surf magazine that I got while I was out in California. And as you can tell from the original thread I made the logo back in summer '05.

With that said, I'm fairly sure I've convinced none of you that it wasn't inspired by that but I can assure you that I had never seen that logo before.

#CHOMPCHOMPCHOMP

Archived