Sigs in general

whitedawg22

I want to preface this by saying that I don't want to sound bitter or anything, and I'm not trying to insult anybody in particular...

But are all the sigs posted here really necessary? Almost all of them are just random team-related images pasted on top of one another, or side by side, or whatever, without any creative thinking. Most of them could have been made in 30 seconds or less with the generic Microsoft Photo Editor. (Which, by the way, is how I made my boring sig). My point isn't that they don't look good, because a lot of them do. It's just that, if I want a sig made for my team that is simply the wordmark or logo pasted on top of, or next to, a team-related photo, I (or anyone else on here... I'm not that talented) can probably whip it up myself faster than I can find or request it on here.

The problem with them getting posted here in the "concepts" forum is that it has become much harder to find actual concepts of actual uniforms or logos, which, unlike sigs, are fun to look at and consider. Maybe I'm just exaggerating the problem, or maybe I'm totally wrong and people like searching through sigs. In that case, never mind what I just said, because I'm not trying to step on anybody's toes here. But does anybody else think there are way too many sigs in the concepts forum?

oh ,my god ,i strong recommend you to have a visit on the website ,or if i'm the president ,i would have an barceque with the anthor of the articel .

Well as someone who makes sigs and enjoys looking at them, I wouldn't say they're 'no fun' and aren't worth 'considering'. Some people's sigs take a very long time to make and a lot of them do have artistic merit. If you want a simple sig that's fine, but if you want something more that's fine too. But sigs can be judged and improved upon, so that's why they go in the concepts section.

Well as someone who makes sigs and enjoys looking at them, I wouldn't say they're 'no fun' and aren't worth 'considering'. Some people's sigs take a very long time to make and a lot of them do have artistic merit. If you want a simple sig that's fine, but if you want something more that's fine too. But sigs can be judged and improved upon, so that's why they go in the concepts section.

I'm not knocking those sigs that are actually creative, and aren't just something that was cut and pasted. For instance, I loved the "Death to the Buffaslug" sigs. My only complaint is against the sigs that don't exhibit much originality or creativity, which seem to be a good portion of the sigs on here.

I'm fairly new on the boards, so I don't know how these things work, but would it be practical to create a separate forum just for sigs? I think they're a great opportunity to practice design skills, and I can appreciate the need for constructive criticism, but I have a problem thinking of sigs as true concepts.

oh ,my god ,i strong recommend you to have a visit on the website ,or if i'm the president ,i would have an barceque with the anthor of the articel .

Actually, I like JohnnyFriedRice's sig, it..as they say on the internet, "wins".

I agree with whitedawg, it's really getting annoying. If you want a "LOL I like *insert team here*"..fine, make it yourself. I hate all these "Well, here's a logo, a wordmark, and a stripe." sigs. I also hate that they're 8 feet tall. It's really not needed.

Whatever happened to the good ol' days of text sigs?

[/end incoherent rambling]

MouthoftheSouth.jpg

I don't speak for democrats, democrats don't speak for me.

Archived