I GOT MY NAME ON MY BACK!

tBBP

Robert Smith of the Cure, I mean, the Vikings had his full first name on his jersey in the late '90s. I think they had a DL by the name of Robaire Smith. This is the only pic I can find:

bobs.jpg

robaire wasn't a viking.. he's only been a titan and texan and a titan again, as far as i know.

In the case of a real long name (say, if there was a Kermit Gbaja-Biamilla) do what the Rams did with Jack Youngblood, and put the first name in smaller letters above the last name, such as

. . . . . . . KERMIT

GBAJA-BIAMILLA

139775815_cc7da57bca_o.jpg

A few years ago the Lions had Bracie Walker and Brain Walker both in the secondary. Bracie had his full name on his jersey.

I once had a car but I crashed it. I once had a guitar but I smashed it. I once, wait where am I going with this?

I still don't understand why you even need the first initial.  Isn't the giant number enough to tell 2 names apart?

Didn't Isiah Thomas have both or maybe it was just his first name.

He had both, with the Isiah above Thomas, I know it wasn't there for his whole career but it was there.

Video Evidence around 2:35

I remember seeing video where he had his first middle and last name on his jersey. It read Isiah and Lord in small letters above a normal sized Thomas.

kylekorversig1if2.png

I see no reason to have first initials, much less full first names.

Take the Braves, example, which sometimes have C. Jones and A. Jones. You can't tell Chipper and Andruw Jones apart without that initial.

And it's not like the name is the only way to identify the guy: THAT'S WHAT THE GIANT NUMBERS ARE FOR!!!!!

Sorry, just had to vent!

I remember a while back (help me skyaa1 if you can remember this) the Saints had two linebackers, Keith and Kevin Mitchell, I wanna say #s 54 & 57, who also wore their whole names. 

Anyone else know of any other players who have the "distinction" of wearing their whole names?  What are your thoughts on this?

Yes, the Mitchells had their full names. As did Aaron "Thank God He's Oakland's Problem Now" Brooks during the 2004 preseason. The Saints had a WR named Ahmad Brooks who was ultimately released but while he was there, he and Aaron each had their full names. Here's a shot I took at Lambeau Field during a preseason game with the Packers:

HuddleUp-1.jpg

92512B20-6264-4E6C-AAF2-7A1D44E9958B-481-00000047E259721F.jpeg

I remember a while back (help me skyaa1 if you can remember this) the Saints had two linebackers, Keith and Kevin Mitchell, I wanna say #s 54 & 57, who also wore their whole names. 

Anyone else know of any other players who have the "distinction" of wearing their whole names?  What are your thoughts on this?

Yes, the Mitchells had their full names. As did Aaron "Thank God He's Oakland's Problem Now" Brooks during the 2004 preseason. The Saints had a WR named Ahmad Brooks who was ultimately released but while he was there, he and Aaron each had their full names. Here's a shot I took at Lambeau Field during a preseason game with the Packers:

HuddleUp-1.jpg

That's right...i forgot about that.

Aaron Brooks...shames me I have to share a last name with that busta...

...but I guess I can take solace int he fact that I also share that name with my cousin, who's actually GOOD.

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

The Saints need block letters.

I don't know i think the saints have the best looking name font in the NFL...... It wouldn't look right with some teams though....... Like the browns.

BROWNS | BUCKEYES | CAVALIERS | INDIANS |

Archived