Mastercard Logo?

NickNickNick

I would almost bet that this logo will not be the credit card symbol. There are too many gradients and transparencies going on, and it will look horrible when reduced to 1/2" in size.

It's probably just some corporate-level logo.

Back-to-Back Fatal Forty Champion 2015 & 2016

That is their Corporate Signature. The following has been taken from their website.

The Corporate Signature has a different purpose than our Brand Marks and Acceptance Marks. The Corporate Signature is used on all communications from MasterCard Worldwide to its customers, employees, the press, government agencies, and all business-to-business audiences. It should not be used for consumer or merchant communications unless the corporation is communicating directly to these audiences, and the use has been approved by MasterCard Worldwide.

What you see on your card are the brand and accpetance marks.

found this in an article that references Mastercard Worldwide

The three circles of the new corporate logo build on the familiar interlocking red and yellow circles of the MasterCard consumer brand, and reflect the company's unique, three-tiered business model as a franchisor, processor and advisor.

Still the old logo is classic and easily recognizable. this one just looks offcenter and forced and just ugly

Would they use this logo on the doors of the merchants to communicate Mastercard is accepted there? I cannot imagine this thing on a credit card, but as a door sticker or on a HUGE store sign it might be attempted...especially with the whole VISA overhaul.

Thoughts?

Spoiler

New York Rangers. Stanley Cup Champions - 1928, 1933, 1940, 1994. Saskatchewan. Cold. 1905-2022.

Would they use this logo on the doors of the merchants to communicate Mastercard is accepted there? I cannot imagine this thing on a credit card, but as a door sticker or on a HUGE store sign it might be attempted...especially with the whole VISA overhaul.

Thoughts?

I guess I was not that clear on what they consider brandmarks and acceptance marks. Here is a link from the corporate site. In essence, unless you are a merchant/owner/operator which accepts MasterCard, you will never see this logo in your daily tasks.

Differences in logos and where they are seen

The posted logo is not for consumer use. That means the majority of us on a daily basis. What is seen in the doors of all stores is so identifiable it will only be tweaked, not converted to the logo from the OP.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived