GSH On Bears Sleeves

georgie6543

I was watching the monday night game (someone got away with a win), and I noticed the Bears have the letters GSH on their sleeves. What excatly does it stand for?

I have to admit, this post defines one of my pet peves. You know - it took my about 10 seconds to go to the Chicago Bears web-site, find their Uniform History page (under the Traditions tab), and scroll through to find the info under 1980's:

In 1983, after team founder George Halas dies, the team wears on the jersey a memorial patch with his initials "GSH" on a football background. The next year, the monogram is moved to the left jersey sleeve.

Man are some people lazy...

Moose

I was watching the monday night game (someone got away with a win), and I noticed the Bears have the letters GSH on their sleeves. What excatly does it stand for?

I have to admit, this post defines one of my pet peves. You know - it took my about 10 seconds to go to the Chicago Bears web-site, find their Uniform History page (under the Traditions tab), and scroll through to find the info under 1980's:

In 1983, after team founder George Halas dies, the team wears on the jersey a memorial patch with his initials "GSH" on a football background. The next year, the monogram is moved to the left jersey sleeve.

Man are some people lazy...

Moose

Even better, just go to google and type in gsh bears. Hit #1, wikipedia entry on the Bears including what GSH means... but whatever, I'm sure most folks don't mind answering questions like that. Share the knowledge :P

Here's a segue for you, gothamite. In the early to mid '90s, the Detroit Lions had a football-shaped patch on their jerseys with the letters "JAT" on it. This thread got me wondering what it stood for, something I've never known despite watching every Lions game from about 1990 on (they got rid of it around 1995). I've tried to Google and Wikipedia it, but haven't found anything that isn't related to Asian airlines... can anybody help on this one?

oh ,my god ,i strong recommend you to have a visit on the website ,or if i'm the president ,i would have an barceque with the anthor of the articel .

Here's a segue for you, gothamite. In the early to mid '90s, the Detroit Lions had a football-shaped patch on their jerseys with the letters "JAT" on it. This thread got me wondering what it stood for, something I've never known despite watching every Lions game from about 1990 on (they got rid of it around 1995). I've tried to Google and Wikipedia it, but haven't found anything that isn't related to Asian airlines... can anybody help on this one?

That's because your memory is faulty :D . I did a google for Detroit Lions memorial Patch, and found this (for "JRT"):

Memorial patch for long-time General Manager Russ Thomas from 1991. This football-shaped patch had a Honolulu Blue background for the road jerseys, and a white background for the home jerseys.

It's where I sit.

Archived