Tampa Bay Rays Logo

dannymits

Representationally, I'm not seeing what you want me to see here. I see a leaf, possibly an aircraft, or a stylized Hebrew sigil of some sort. I don't see a ray, or anything marine-life related, at all. Nor do I see Latin letters.

That said, it's OK if everyone doesn't see the stuff you put into the logo. My whole childhood, I never once realized that there was an "MB" in the Brewers glove logo. (Man, did I feel stupid the day I figured that one out.) And to this day I still don't fully understand what's going on in the old Expos M logo. I've never been able to see a face in the moon; all I see is a dancing rabbit. There will always be blockheads like me around, and you're just never going to get everybody to see what you want them to see. So don't worry too much if nobody here sees a ray, or an SP, or whatever it is we're supposed to see. Sometimes the designer knows best.

But in terms of its overall aesthetic, the way you're using lines and negative space, your logo looks to me much more like a corporate letterhead logo than like a sports team logo. Regardless of whether this is supposed to be a leaf or a ray, I just don't see it working on a baseball uniform. Certainly not on a cap, and also not so much on a jersey either. I could see this being a great logo for, say, a kosher seafood company. Not for a sports team. I hate to say it, but I think "back to the drawing board" is the best I can offer. This really seems like a dead-end idea to me, not something that can be improved to better fill its purpose.

20082614447.png

And to this day I still don't fully understand what's going on in the old Expos M logo.

It is an eMb, which stands for "Expos de Montréal"

As for the logo. It need some work but could turn into something good. If you make it look more like a ray it could be great.

saBS.png

And to this day I still don't fully understand what's going on in the old Expos M logo.

It is an eMb, which stands for "Expos de Montréal"

Exactly. Show me the "b" in "Expos de Montreal"! ^_^

Stupid typos I meant a "d"

saBS.png

according to what I once heard, the Expos logo would have mean:

Expos Montreal Baseball

rumors also said that in the same time, the red E was also a stylish C and a B for Charles Bronfman, the first and best owner of the Expos.

as for th TB Rays Concept, sorry, I tried hard to see a B in there... now, I'll go find some Tylenol

Le QUÉBÉCOIS

sign_zps3c6a5c3f.jpg

Archived