Hershey Bears new uniforms

Shumway

I was at the home opener this weekend(unfortunately, my brother took my digital camera to Pittsburgh), but I noticed in the store they had new home, road and alts. They actually wore commemorative Calder Cup champs jerseys in the game, so I didn't get to see the new jerseys in action.

Home:

34316temp.jpg

Road:

34323temp.jpg

Alt:

34335temp.jpg

These are a downgrade to me, although I wasn't a fan of their set last year(the alts were actually better than the primaries last year).

The red one is cool, but there are too many patches crowding it. Whetever that logo is on the chest of the main jerseys ought to have been used as the crest for the alternate. I hate when a team uses the same logo on their shoulders as they use for their main crest.

Yeah, they don't need to wear both their logos on the sweaters (it looks downright goofy on the alt, with the same patch on the chest and shoulder). I'm not a huge fan of the NFL affiliate patch, either. But if you're going to do it, use a smaller patch!

I don't think there are too many colors, but the black side panels overwhelm the lettering.

I want to like these uniforms, but they're too much.

The cut on those makes me think the Rangers will be able to keep their lettering rather than come up with a crest if New York changes its jersey style. They should darken the blue, add silver (somethink like the alternate jerseys they use) and use a similar striping pattern, but update the font for the "Rangers" going down the front.

Hecticbor, the only problem I see with your point is that the "Hershey" going down the front of the jersey is ridiculously small....it looks awful. The picture kinda shows it, but the authentics at the store looked stupid.

I wish I could've gone to the home opener, but I couldn't get a ticket. Last year's jerseys were so much better, but they are 100 times better then their Calder Cup opponent new jerseys, the Admirals.

"The 0-2 pitch... SWING AND A MISS! STRUCK HIM OUT! THE PHILADELPHIA PHILLIES ARE 2008 WORLD CHAMPIONS OF BASEBALL!"

J M yoU wish you had a Duke Dog!

Archived