Arena FL (finally!) switching uni suppliers.

YELDARBfield

Russell Athletic Joins AFL Family

NEW YORK – Russell Athletic, one of the world’s leading sports apparel companies, is the new Official Uniform Supplier for the Arena Football League beginning in 2007, both organizations jointly announced today. Terms of the agreement were not disclosed.

It's about time they got rid of Nike. They just made the AFL look even more ridiculous. Hopefully those new Russell styles will allow a decent looking Kats jersey! (Bring back the blue and black!!!) Ten bucks says they'll use the template that Wazzou used vs. USC.

Thank goodness. This should help Russell since they are loosing a foothold in college sports. Also, Russell is so much better than Nike.

I think Russell is going for quality over quantity...call me a homer, but I think ASU has some of the coolest looking unis in all of college football.

th400_pkRcD62.jpg

th400_prTjLt5.jpg

Life is 10% what happens to you and 90% about how you react to it.
App State Mountaineers / Alabama Crimson Tide / Atlanta Braves / New York Jets / Atlanta Hawks
"If you believe in yourself and have dedication and pride - and never quit, you'll be a winner. The price of victory is high but so are the rewards." [Bear Bryant]
Redmond Rampage

While Nike often misses the mark, I'll give them credit for at least having some vision and taking risks. Russell's output over the last several years has been nothing but regurgitated designs, IMO, not done particularly well. I can't remember seeing anything creative or fresh from them lately. They play it safe to a fault more often than not.

The AFL is friggin' minor league football, people. If you can't be a little more "designed" there, where can you be? In fact, I credit Nike for putting together some fairly nice uniforms for the league. It retained the fun character of the uniforms without going overboard.

This should result in some definite uni changes for a couple of teams, at least. The Avengers have been using the Miami template, and Utah has the infamous Nike back stripe. I'm hoping this won't be a downgrade for the league, but Russell hasn't done much in the past few years that isn't either a variation on the Bronco stripe, or a knockoff of another Nike template. Russell, bring back the sunrise stripes to San Jose, red pants to New York, and a true all-black look to Orlando, and you'll be making steps in the right direction.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

Thank goodness. This should help Russell since they are loosing a foothold in college sports. Also, Russell is so much better than Nike.

I think Russell is going for quality over quantity...call me a homer, but I think ASU has some of the coolest looking unis in all of college football.

th400_pkRcD62.jpg

th400_prTjLt5.jpg

That's the best a Miami template has ever looked.

Athletic Director: KTU Blue Grassers Football

While Nike often misses the mark, I'll give them credit for at least having some vision and taking risks. Russell's output over the last several years has been nothing but regurgitated designs, IMO, not done particularly well. I can't remember seeing anything creative or fresh from them lately. They play it safe to a fault more often than not.

The AFL is friggin' minor league football, people. If you can't be a little more "designed" there, where can you be? In fact, I credit Nike for putting together some fairly nice uniforms for the league. It retained the fun character of the uniforms without going overboard.

I agree... while Nike usually goes over the top with their uniform designs ("LOUD NOISES!"), I haven't been that impressed with Russell uniforms. They somehow fit in the unfortunate area of being not-quite-traditional, yet not-quite-avant-garde. Plus, sometimes their materials look shoddy (e.g. the shiny screened-on numbers in that ASU picture, or the cheap-looking fabric on the old Auburn uniforms).

oh ,my god ,i strong recommend you to have a visit on the website ,or if i'm the president ,i would have an barceque with the anthor of the articel .

FYI-Russell has been making football and athletic uniforms for over 100 years. They basically showed the rest of the industry how it was done. I sold Russell uniforms for over 25 years. I've been through their plant in Alexander City, Ala. They have forgotten more about jersey design than all these smart-ass, wet-behind-the-ears know-it-all "fashion" designers from Nike, Adidas and Reebok will EVER know. When you want REAL football uniforms, choose Russell.

Archived