Best and Worst sports cities..........

PeytonManningRocks

As for their attendance, Fans in Montreal knew that it was only a matter of time before they left no matter how often they came out once the new stadum was killed. ......... But if the new stadium happened the Expos would easily outdraw the Blue Jays every year,.

That would be a qualification of mine to be called a good sport city. The fans go to the games in bad weather, crappy stadium, bad team, team would be gone in 5 yeats, etc. The Blue Jays have a crappy stadium and have o.k. attendance #'s, while Pittsburgh has a great nice stadium but has horrible attendance numbers. Montreal is a good hockey city but not a good all around sport city.

saBS.png

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Honorable Mention: Atlanta, and just for the fact that 2 Sundays Alge Crumpler ago said that beating the Pittsburgh Steelers at home was "the best road win we've had in a while." There's so many fans of the other teams, and not enough fans of the home team here.

Honorable Mention? Ha! I will never forget my first Saints-Falcons game in Atlanta back in 2001. There were literally more Saints fans than Falcons fans in the Georgia Dome, and the Falcons got booed during introductions in their own stadium! When the Falcons' O had third downs, it sounded like the Superdome in there. It was unbelievable.

Plus the fact that you can usually stroll up to Turner Field and get a playoff game ticket on game day when the Braves are in the post-season. I just don't get the attitude here (sadly, I live near Atlanta).

92512B20-6264-4E6C-AAF2-7A1D44E9958B-481-00000047E259721F.jpeg

1-Boston apologists: Remember Victor Kiam nearly moved the Patriots to Hartford. I realize that the games were still sold out, but, if the owner is still worried about moving for wahtever reasons, how can you be considered the best.

Actually, it was the Patriots' current owner - Robert Kraft - who entered into an agreement with the State of Connecticut to move the franchise to a state-of-the-art stadium in Hartford. He did so only after he was unable to garner support for a publicly-subsidized stadium amongst political leaders in the Commonwealth of Massachusetts. Ultimately, he opted to back out of the deal in Connecticut and privately finance construction of Gillette Stadium in Foxboro, Massachusetts. Kraft's stadium dalliance with the State of Connecticut had absolutely nothing to do with fan support.

As for Victor Kiam, he only hinted at moving the Patriots to Connecticut because he made his home - and headquartered his Remington Products Company - in Stamford, Connecticut. Further, while Kiam owned the team, Bob Kraft owned Sullivan Stadium. Kiam was obviously hoping to force Kraft into either selling Kiam the stadium or paying an inflated price to acquire the team. Ultimately, Kiam sold the Pats to James Busch Orthwein who ended up selling to Bob Kraft.

Bottom line? The Patriots never left the Commonwealth of Massachusetts. The team always enjoyed a core audience of die-hard fans, even during the hapless days of the Sullivan family's ownership of the franchise. That core audience has grown exponentially under the stewardship of Bob Kraft. Rumored relocations of the franchise were driven by business concerns that had nothing whatsoever to do with whether or not Boston could legitimately lay claim to being one of North America's premiere sports cities.

I have to give some attention to the whole state of Wisconsin. They are sports nuts. We all know about Green Bay, but even in Milwaukee their sports crazy. I was shocked at the support and passion of Brewers fans. Plus I hear the Bucks dont do too bad, and the Badgers have a ton of support.

hell, the Wave and Admirals draw decent crowds, as did the Mustangs when they existed (though it seems the Ads haven't drawn as well as they did in the IHL, though it might just be me thinkin that). I figure if Milwaukee ever got an MLS team, you'd have an instant fanbase.

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

As for their attendance, Fans in Montreal knew that it was only a matter of time before they left no matter how often they came out once the new stadum was killed. ......... But if the new stadium happened the Expos would easily outdraw the Blue Jays every year,.

That would be a qualification of mine to be called a good sport city. The fans go to the games in bad weather, crappy stadium, bad team, team would be gone in 5 yeats, etc. The Blue Jays have a crappy stadium and have o.k. attendance #'s, while Pittsburgh has a great nice stadium but has horrible attendance numbers. Montreal is a good hockey city but not a good all around sport city.

Well Maybe Montreal is just not a good baseball city. They sell-out every Hockey game, Football game and Soccer game. So I think that makes them a good sports city.

1zqy8ok.gif

Plus the fact that you can usually stroll up to Turner Field and get a playoff game ticket on game day when the Braves are in the post-season. I just don't get the attitude here (sadly, I live near Atlanta).

1. In October, I would say that more Atlantans care about what happens at Bobby Dodd Stadium and Sanford Stadium than at Turner Field.

2. Turner Field is probably too big a stadium for a city the size of Atlanta.

3. You try strolling up to Turner Field at 4:30 on a weekday afternoon, when most of the non-sellouts occur.

Honorable Mention: Atlanta, and just for the fact that 2 Sundays Alge Crumpler ago said that beating the Pittsburgh Steelers at home was "the best road win we've had in a while." There's so many fans of the other teams, and not enough fans of the home team here.

Honorable Mention? Ha! I will never forget my first Saints-Falcons game in Atlanta back in 2001. There were literally more Saints fans than Falcons fans in the Georgia Dome, and the Falcons got booed during introductions in their own stadium! When the Falcons' O had third downs, it sounded like the Superdome in there. It was unbelievable.

Well since Atlanta sucks so much, why don't you go to New Orleans? Or are you one of those people who go somewhere just to bitch and be a dick?

MouthoftheSouth.jpg

I don't speak for democrats, democrats don't speak for me.

I'll tell you now, (yes as a homer), DFW isn't all that great. Yeah, we've got the Cowboys, but they're the Cowboys, what do you expect? The hot ticket now, the Mavs. I already know that nobody goes to the FC Dallas games, especially since they play all the way in Frisco. FAR NORTH OF DALLAS, too far for me living in FAR SOUTHEAST DALLAS! Some people go to Stars games. Very few people go to Rangers games. I've been to at least one game for each team, except for FC Dallas. BTW, the only Mavs game I've been to was when they played @ Reunion Arena and they were known as the Allas Mavericks.

stars.jpg

dallasmavericks.gif

style1,JBPerry.png

<embed src="http://www.clocklink.com/clocks/5005-Blue.swf?TimeZone=CST&TimeFormat=hhmmssTT" width="180" height="60" wmode="transparent" type="application/x-shockwave-flash">

joshuabperry@sbcglobal.net

My Webpage

as a resident of the dallas/ellis county border, i can attest to the fact that frisco is :censored:ing far away, and it pisses me off that FC Dallas plays that far away... also, it pisses me off that the stars hold so many cool events there, because it's ridiculously north of dallas.

but that's where the rich folk move to get away from the ugliness around us in south dallas.

as a resident of the dallas/ellis county border, i can attest to the fact that frisco is :censored:ing far away, and it pisses me off that FC Dallas plays that far away... also, it pisses me off that the stars hold so many cool events there, because it's ridiculously north of dallas.

but that's where the rich folk move to get away from the ugliness around us in south dallas.

hey, not all of south dallas is that bad :P BTW, I live over by Seagoville, Balch Springs & Hutchins. Have you been over by US 175 & I-635/I-20? That's where I live

stars.jpg

dallasmavericks.gif

style1,JBPerry.png

<embed src="http://www.clocklink.com/clocks/5005-Blue.swf?TimeZone=CST&TimeFormat=hhmmssTT" width="180" height="60" wmode="transparent" type="application/x-shockwave-flash">

joshuabperry@sbcglobal.net

My Webpage

Archived