Tampa Bay Lightning Concept

Eye

Here's my take on the Tampa Bay Lightning. Now, I think they're current jerseys are fine, but I wanted to see what I could do to improve them. Well lets start with the two most obvious things. The crest is the Lightning's current shoulder patch and I thought that this worked better than their current primary because it not only incorporates the team name, Lightning, but also the state of Florida. I also used this logo because I did not want to be redundant. I'll elude to what I mean shortly. The obvious thing being the addition of two lightning bolts on the front of the jersey. I wanted something different for the Lightning. I think something outside of the box like this can work for the Lightning because they are not one of those "classic" teams that someone might think of whose look should never be changed or tweaked (ie Canadiens, Red Wings). This idea also led me into a new addition that I think could look good for all teams, not just the Lightning (not that I would necessarily want anyone to start doing this or not doing this...). I put the C and the A on the left shoulder of the jersey for the Captain and Alternate captain. I think that the letters and numerals have a good contrast being white outlined in black on the homes and silver outlined in black on the roads. The home numerals and names remind me of the LA Kings during the Gretzky era when they had similar colors and outlines to the ones I put on the Lightning's home. The pants are pure black, the same as the bottom stripe on the jersey, so that it would look like they "run together" so to speak. "Tampa Bay" is on the bottom of the jersey in white on that black stripe on both jerseys. This is what I meant by not being redundant. I did not use the Lightning's current primary logo because it says Tampa Bay in it, and I put Tampa Bay on the botom of the jersey. I like how the LA Kings do this, and I tried to make it work with the Lightning, and I think I did. Names are in the current Lightning's name font and I brought back the old "paintbrush" numbers. These numbers were sharp looking I thought, and a team like the Lightning can use these numbers because they are a relatively young team and I feel that these numerals work well with the colors I used. That's all folks, I don't believe I forgot to explain anything. C & C as always...

And yes, I just realized that it says Asst. Capt. there. Just pretend it says Alt. Capt. down in the bottom right corner.

TBLightningconcept.png

I see your captains patches there, but how would they fit on the jersey with the bolts around the neck? I like the direction, but I'm not crazy about the name on the bottom or the splashy numbers. I'd like to see it with regular block numbers and bottom stripes that match the sleeves

I think these would be fine without the bolts around the neck.

Oh, and St. Louis wears #26. :)

D'oh. I went on the Lightning's official website to see what number St. Louis is, and I guess I put the number of the player listed beneath him, Dimitry Afanasenkov.

I really like the idea of incorporating the lightning bolt into the jerseys. I don't like it there, however. Maybe on the sleeves, or something.

I'm normally not a fan of the wordmark on the hem, but it seems to work here. Love the numbers, too. They need to bring those back.

Good work.

Archived