And the Sporting Capital of the World is.........

Alphabet Man

For a population of 20m or so we do OK. I still think the crowds for most leagues outside the AFL, Netball and A-League are disappointing. NRL and Super 14 could definitely do better and the NBL needs a major boost.

I wonder if that poll took into account Melbourne's basketball franchises? They turned 4 teams into 2 and one still couldn't survive in the alleged basketball heartland of Australia.

liverpool-1.png

yup, this is true, while north americans only care about one or two sports, people in other places are diehard about maybe 5 or 6.... this maybe very shocking to americans, but its true.

heh, I always had the impression it was the other way around.

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

For a population of 20m or so we do OK. I still think the crowds for most leagues outside the AFL, Netball and A-League are disappointing. NRL and Super 14 could definitely do better and the NBL needs a major boost.

I wonder if that poll took into account Melbourne's basketball franchises? They turned 4 teams into 2 and one still couldn't survive in the alleged basketball heartland of Australia.

Basketball is a sport? lol nah....i think (i hope too) that Basketball is finding itself again in Melbourne.

twitter.com/thebrainofMatt

Archived