New Blue and Gold vote

js °

The New Blue and Gold

Hey everyone ... so, the situation that my designs has stirred up has been amazing to see. I've been contacted by so many fans telling me how much they love the designs, and wish they would be out there wearing my stuff rather than the slug.

So I am in the process of putting these jerseys, as well as other merchandise (tshirts, hats, coffee mugs, possibly keychains) on sale for everyone soon. The tagline we'll be featuring will be TRUE FANS GET IT.

So to see which jerseys you want created first, I have setup a poll for everyone to vote on. So please stop by and drop your vote in, and also send this out to every Sabres fan you know. As a thanks in advance to all of you who do this, I put up some wallpapers if you'd like to throw some New Blue and Gold on your computer.

I think with the team doing as amazing as they are this year, its a shame they look so ridiculous out there. I want the Legends of the Sabres to haunt the Arena, not the Stench of the Slug. If you feel the same, we can let the Sabres Organization hear our voice by filling the stands with a true representation of our team ... a symbol we can all rally behind and cry out support with.

There is a 10-12 week wait for these "ridiculous" jerseys. Enough said.

If anyone actually buys this stuff, I'll at least get some amusement out it.

If anybody buys which stuff? These "New Blue and Gold" ones or the Slug?

Are you saying that because there's a long wait, that they must look good? I don't understand your post.

JS - it's been said, but, Your design is soooo much better. Good Luck!

Kansas-BB-banner.png My-son-Soldier-banner.png

Kansas City Scouts (CHL) Orr Cup Champions 2010, 2019, 2021         St. Joseph Pony Express (ULL)  2023 Champions     Kansas City Cattle (CL)

thanks all for the responses ... I am aware of the leagal waters i'll be getting into and have been doing everything I can to try and cover myself as much as possible here. The bottom line is this .. I was getting so many requests for these jerseys to go on sale, I decided to try and give these people exactly what they were asking for without stepping on any toes. A good portion of the little profits that will be made off of this will be going to Sabres Foundation so that the team and its causes will not be at a loss from these sales in any way.

There is a 10-12 week wait for these "ridiculous" jerseys. Enough said.

If anyone actually buys this stuff, I'll at least get some amusement out it.

So you're saying that the buffaslug is better than what js has done?

Woah.

Buffalo, you have to realize that the B in that logo is a classic. It's from the old Buffalo Bison's "bottle cap" logo. Personally, I love it. I'd be sure to get one if I got the money.

Question: Are the jerseys going to be the same material as the ones they currently sell? Or will the pretty much be bulky t-shirt?

Also, hats with those logos would be an excellent find. I'd buy a few hats with those logos on them.

I do have to say that I really like your design work, especially your version of the Sabres logo and uniforms.

BUT, unless you are planning to charge NOTHING for your uniforms and $135 for shipping you will be getting into a bad situation legally. Even if you use a logo that is NOT copyrighted by the Sabres, and your jersey does NOT have anything that directly references the Sabres you still might be in hot water if you plan to profit on this. Your jersey and logo will be too similar to those of the Sabres and depending on how you MARKET them, any indirect reference to the franchise can bite you in the end.

I for one wish you luck, but don't think this is even remotely worth it. I hope I'm really wrong, but I don't think I am.

Archived