Bruins' Phil Kessel Hospitalized

Audiodrama

Just heard this on The Dale & Holley Show on WEEI 850 AM here in Boston...

Apparently, Kessel's family issued a statement that went something like the following:

"Phil Kessel has been hospitalized with a non-hockey related ailment. Please respect our family's privacy at this time. When it is appropriate to issue an update on Phil's condition, we will do so."

God only knows what that means. Dale Arnold and Michael Holley are speculating to no end right now. Hopefully it's something as minor as a stomach bug/food poisoning, or something to that effect.

Just heard this on The Dale & Holley Show on WEEI 850 AM here in Boston...

Apparently, Kessel's family issued a statement that went something like the following:

"Phil Kessel has been hospitalized with a non-hockey related ailment. Please respect our family's privacy at this time. When it is appropriate to issue an update on Phil's condition, we will do so."

God only knows what that means. Dale Arnold and Michael Holley are speculating to no end right now. Hopefully it's something as minor as a stomach bug/food poisoning, or something to that effect.

:cry:

I'm thinking the worst but hoping for the best. Hopefully more news comes soon.

WTF?

I know the kid dropped from being the consensus #1 overall in the draft due to "character issues". Hope this isn't an extension of that.

By character issues you must mean his locker room hissy fit claiming he was the only player on the team who had any talent and the only one on the ice trying to win games? Or was it the part about how he should have picked Wisconsin and not associated himself with a bunch of losers? I guess he thought all self centered freshman were just given an immediate championship upon their arrival.

WTF?

I know the kid dropped from being the consensus #1 overall in the draft due to "character issues". Hope this isn't an extension of that.

By character issues you must mean his locker room hissy fit claiming he was the only player on the team who had any talent and the only one on the ice trying to win games? Or was it the part about how he should have picked Wisconsin and not associated himself with a bunch of losers? I guess he thought all self centered freshman were just given an immediate championship upon their arrival.

Was that what happened? I never got the lowdown, I had assumed it was something like that.

Boston has already had one prized rookie go down with a horrible ailment (though reports are that Lester is kicking ass in his treatment). I just hope that it's nothing nearly that serious.

On January 16, 2013 at 3:49 PM, NJTank said:

Btw this is old hat for Notre Dame. Knits Rockne made up George Tip's death bed speech.

Boston has already had one prized rookie go down with a horrible ailment (though reports are that Lester is kicking ass in his treatment). I just hope that it's nothing nearly that serious.

Thankfully, Jon Lester is now cancer-free. So glad that he's gotten better.

I honestly can't believe this is now happening to Kessel, though. It's obviously a terrible thing for anyone to go through, but at such a young age, I can't even imagine. Here's hoping that they've caught it early enough so they can cure Phil completely.

I hope he's been diagnosed plenty early. He's a talented kid who could really be a star someday.

JeffB

HansonsSig.jpg

Click here to read Third String Goalie - The Hockey Jersey of the Day Blog

Click here to see my hockey and baseball jersey collection online

?You don?t like to see 20 kids punching 20 other kids. But it?s not a disgrace, It?s hockey.? - Michael Farber

Testicular cancer is most common in young men and when caught early, is one of the most "treatable" forms of cancer.

Btw this is old hat for Notre Dame. Knits Rockne made up George Tip's death bed speech.

Best of luck to Phil Kessel and his boys, as well as the rest of his family.

I'm sure these feelings are echoed, even by those who were being dickheads and calling him out unnecessarily early in the thread.

Welcome to DrunjFlix

I wasn't being a dickhead. I'm reporting the facts about his statements. He's the dickhead for acting like a spoiled brat in the locker room. He's the dickhead for claiming that he can never show his face in Madison without shame because he was tricked into going to the UofM by Lucia. It's too bad the guy has cancer. It really is. He's got a ton of talent and a :censored:ty attitude. He's lucky that he has a good chance to live and maybe play more hockey. With any luck this whole situation will make him reevaluate what's important in life and not be so immature and selfish in sports.

I wasn't being a dickhead. I'm reporting the facts about his statements. He's the dickhead for acting like a spoiled brat in the locker room. He's the dickhead for claiming that he can never show his face in Madison without shame because he was tricked into going to the UofM by Lucia. It's too bad the guy has cancer. It really is. He's got a ton of talent and a :censored:ty attitude. He's lucky that he has a good chance to live and maybe play more hockey. With any luck this whole situation will make him reevaluate what's important in life and not be so immature and selfish in sports.

Well, that makes it all right then to kick him when he's down. I stand corrected <_<

Welcome to DrunjFlix

The only person that's calling anyone out is you. You didn't even have the balls to get specific. Did I make Phil choose the Gophers? Did I make him throw a temper tantrum in front of his team when his 2nd choice won the national title? Did I give him cancer? No, no, and no. Him getting cancer doesn't change his record of immature, self-centered behavior in the past. The fact remains that the UofM won't be sending any 'get well soon' cards and the only one to blame is Phil himself.

Can we please refrain from using the term, "have the balls..." in this thread? It's a tad uncomfortable.

Archived