Lancaster barnstormers

Joe

Hold on a second, we've got a team that uses a nickname relevant to its location but isn't gimmicky or outright dumb, colors that actually exist on a basic color wheel and are going to play in a ballpark that is being constructed to fit inside the preexisting boundaries of a city center?  Are we sure this is minor league baseball in the 21st century?

Perhaps I should not be so pessimistic about the future of minor league sports after all.

It would be great if they had an old biplane flying out of the barn doors - dropping the baseball like a bomb. :;):

Kansas-BB-banner.png My-son-Soldier-banner.png

Kansas City Scouts (CHL) Orr Cup Champions 2010, 2019, 2021         St. Joseph Pony Express (ULL)  2023 Champions     Kansas City Cattle (CL)

It would be great if they had an old biplane flying out of the barn doors - dropping the baseball like a bomb. :;):

No disrespect to you, my fellow Missourian, however Pennsylvania, airplanes and bombs just isn't a very palatable combination at this point in history.

Besides, barnstormers weren't combat pilots; they were daredevils and folks showing off their newfangled flying machines to the rural folk. I think there's also some dual interpretations in the Lancaster context given the area's population of Pennsylvania Dutch and other cultures that perform barn raisings.

Having worked with Joe on this project, I can tell you that the team specifically stated they did not want the name to have any association with aviation. They wanted something based upon the concept of "barnstorming from town to town." I should note for the record, though, that I did not work on the logo that was chosen as the final one.

Having worked with Joe on this project, I can tell you that the team specifically stated they did not want the name to have any association with aviation. They wanted something based upon the concept of "barnstorming from town to town." I should note for the record, though, that I did not work on the logo that was chosen as the final one.

That's awesome.  How much input did you have on designing the logo?  It's a sharp logo.

That's awesome. How much input did you have on designing the logo? It's a sharp logo.

On the final logo, none. However, I submitted a couple of concepts of my own and gave some input on other concepts that weren't chosen.

And joel, I don't foresee it being a problem, but if it is, then I'm sure Joe will let me know if he wants it removed.

Yeah, I was thinking as I was scrolling down this page that barnstormer dosn't have to be a plane, teams in the pre-league days would "barnstorm" from town to town to play games. But that's allready been discussed.

That withstanding, I like it, very nicely done. I saw the subject title and immediately thought of the Arena Football Leauge's Iowa barnstormers and wondered how this logo would be protrayed, and I like it.

I also like the stadium design as well. I should be a nice ballpark.

sig09.jpg

Besides, barnstormers weren't combat pilots; they were daredevils and folks showing off their newfangled flying machines to the rural folk.  I think there's also some dual interpretations in the Lancaster context given the area's population of Pennsylvania Dutch and other cultures that perform barn raisings.

Good point - I remember a movie, "the great waldo pepper"  starring Robert Redford.  Good movie about barnstormers and WWI fighter pilots.  Barnstormers remind me of those guys who flew thru the open doors of the barns.  

Great logo!

Kansas-BB-banner.png My-son-Soldier-banner.png

Kansas City Scouts (CHL) Orr Cup Champions 2010, 2019, 2021         St. Joseph Pony Express (ULL)  2023 Champions     Kansas City Cattle (CL)

• 7 years later...

Archived