Lancaster barnstormers

Joe

As a PA Dutchie myself I love both of these logos. It is brilliant how they incorporate the local culture and aesthetic in their look, not just with the name. The hex sign logo brings back memories of driving outside of my hometown and seeing hex signs on the area barns. Heck, we had them in our kitchen.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Dr. Kelso: My son is a big baseball fan. Not so much playing it, but more the designing and sewing of uniforms.

Tyler: That's neat.

Dr. Kelso: No, it's not.

grew up in Lancaster, used to get out to the Clip for a few games a year. flying back next week for a few days to visit family, may head out to the park for a game. Would love to interview Les Walrond and Matt Watson (both played in the KBO for Doosan).

Like both logos, not sure what I think about it on black, maybe have to see it in person... (also not a fan of the flex-fit on-field hats, their red "L" ones are at least fitted).

wvan%20alt%20copy_225.jpg

Also looks like they have a new home on-field cap as well...

LB%20alt%20cap%20copy_225.jpg

*edit

team just announced the new unis and hats etc.

9D43B5BA-0FE0-2F83-4B3EF7FF5EC8C350.jpg

9D44D5D0-D720-CA6F-592DEC17F552F38B.jpg

The first, and most comprehensive is that “plank” markings, indicating the basic framework of Lancaster agricultural life, appear throughout the redesigned uniforms. This design shows up in the word “Lancaster” on the front of the main jersey, in the “LB” logo on the new weeknight caps, and in the word “Stormers” on the front of the Saturday uniform top.

The Saturday “Stormers” home jersey will be black with red numbers outlined in tan. The weeknight “LB” caps will be black with a red bill, while the Saturday weathervane hats will be solid black, save for the logo.

Link

My Korean baseball website [MyKBO.net]

The York Revolution are my "hometown" minor league team, but I've been to Barnstormers home games in Lancaster. Great looking team and stadium.

Cylo the cow is an awesome mascot too...better than Downtown, who is York's mascot, who is some kind of Gonzo imposter:

1926210_The-York-Revolution-Mascot-at-MS-Walk-in-Rudy-Park_400.jpg

cylo_pic.jpg

York destroys Lancaster head-to-head though, defending Atlantic League champs.

87Redskins.png

Archived