2024 NFL Offseason

Dynasty

22 minutes ago, DG_ThenNowForever said:

Probably. After the Texas game he rocketed way up. But last night not being able to handle pressure probably tanked his value. I think he went from first or second round to third to fifth.

If it comes out he was injured, that's probably even worse, given his history.

Maybe his career trajectory is Teddy Bridgewater? Knowing what we know about him, where would he be drafted today?

I don't believe that one game dropped him 2-3 rounds.🤨

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, McCall said:

I don't believe that one game dropped him 2-3 rounds.🤨

NFL  QB s need to be able to handle pressure in the pocket. The Washington O-line was one of the best in the country, and Penix had all day every day to make those beautiful throws.

The Michigan D-line was far beyond anything Washington played all season long, and Penix couldn't handle it. His on-a-dime throws disappeared, and by the end of the game he was just chucking it.

I like Penix and I'm a UW alum. I wish last night had been different. However, it wasn't and Penix was a huge part of why Washington wasn't able to win, even though the defense kept them in the game through three quarters. The win was there for UW, but Penix couldn't hit his receivers. He could get within three feet of them, but was consistently off the mark in high-pressure settings.

If were a GM, I'd see him as a project and not a starter.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

3 minutes ago, the admiral said:

Vrabel probably heads to New England. 

Any word on what the Bears have decided to do?

Retain everyone and stubbornly destroy more careers both in terms of personnel and promising young talent.

• LOL 2
"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

28 minutes ago, TrueYankee26 said:

Another one bites the dust. 

GOOD!

Just as I expected Carthon to do, especially given the tension going on with those two all season long. (To be sure, though, there was already drama going on with Vrabel even before Ms. Adams Strunk hired Carthon.)

What this tells me is that they're doing what I figured Carthon was up to when they traded Byard halfway through the season: they're tearing it all down and building it all back over. And they should. Suck though it may for some, such is the business of football. (Well, pro sport period, but you get the gist.)

And speaking of firings: many within Jaguars County (look, I ain't delusional enuff to think there's a nation out there, though there's certainly a good number of fans outside Duval) have been screaming, for a good couple weeks now, for Pederson to can OC Press Taylor...for much the same reasons as the Snatit *finally* canned Todd Downing last season: ineptitude at running an offense. So what does Trent Baalke go and do? Fire the defensive coordinator, along with the entire defensive staff. I mean sure, the defense slipped toward the end of the season (as did the entire team and coaching staff), but that's a heckuva scapegoat move to make. Then Pederson turns around and continues to go to bat for OC Taylor? Bruh. (Then I found out a/ they're friends and b/ apparently Dougie did this same thing up in Philly, with the same guy.)

Think it's safe to say the power balance in the AFC South has shifted toward H-Town now? (And its about time, because I still remember that dang-near decade-long stretch where just about every media outlet out there kept predicting the Texans as their "dark horse contender" only for the Texans to never live up to that billing.) Now of course, the Colts are the wild card in all this, and it remains to be seen exactly what Carthon does in turning the Snatit into the Nashville 49ers (much like Vrabel did early on in turning the Snatit into the Middle Tennessee Patriots), but I am just not at all expecting Jacksonville to make any kind of big changes to keep themselves competitive. But we'll see...still wayyy too early to be talking like that.

EDIT: and apparently some within the Snatit's Idiot Nation (yes, such a thing exists) are already throwing up Jim Harbaugh's name as a possible candidate...

• Like 1

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

6 hours ago, TrueYankee26 said:

Another one bites the dust. 

Out of everyone he probably deserves the boot the least. It wasn’t his fault the front office traded away everyone on offense but Henry and overpaying for tannehill. He never lost the locker room he just didn’t have talent.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, DG_ThenNowForever said:

NFL  QB s need to be able to handle pressure in the pocket. The Washington O-line was one of the best in the country, and Penix had all day every day to make those beautiful throws.

The Michigan D-line was far beyond anything Washington played all season long, and Penix couldn't handle it. His on-a-dime throws disappeared, and by the end of the game he was just chucking it.

I like Penix and I'm a UW alum. I wish last night had been different. However, it wasn't and Penix was a huge part of why Washington wasn't able to win, even though the defense kept them in the game through three quarters. The win was there for UW, but Penix couldn't hit his receivers. He could get within three feet of them, but was consistently off the mark in high-pressure settings.

If were a GM, I'd see him as a project and not a starter.

Every qb sucks when they have no time to throw the ball.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, CS85 said:

Retain everyone and stubbornly destroy more careers both in terms of personnel and promising young talent.

Same old :censored:

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

16 hours ago, dont care said:

Out of everyone he probably deserves the boot the least. It wasn’t his fault the front office traded away everyone on offense but Henry and overpaying for tannehill. He never lost the locker room he just didn’t have talent.

Would not be surprised if he goes to Foxboro if Belichick is indeed gone

Pete Carroll is out as the Seahawks head coach. Surprised honestly, as I thought he would be there for at least another season.

I can only imagine that might be it for Geno Smith as well. They need more than just small changes to the team.

27 minutes ago, Dynasty said:

Pete Carroll is out as the Seahawks head coach. Surprised honestly, as I thought he would be there for at least another season.

I can only imagine that might be it for Geno Smith as well. They need more than just small changes to the team.

he never had any season with fewer than 7 wins in 14 years in Seattle.  That was why as soon as the Russell Wilson trade occurred that Rich Eisen said that Seattle wasn't going to be as bad as everyone thought they were going to be and that was because of Pete Carroll.  

6 minutes ago, GDAWG said:

he never had any season with fewer than 7 losses in 14 years in Seattle. 

Do you mean he never had any season with more than 7 losses in 14 years? I ask because most teams don't keep a coach who is losing 7 or more games a season for 14 years. 

BB52Big.jpg

Just now, infrared41 said:

Do you mean he never had any season with more than 7 losses in 14 years? I ask because most teams don't keep a coach who is losing 7 or more games a season for 14 years. 

I meant to say that he's never had a season with fewer than 7 wins in 14 years.  I was in a hurry typing that.  It happens sometimes because I am at work.