2024 NFL Offseason

Dynasty

43 minutes ago, BBTV said:

He can't have Pete Carrol.   want Pete Carrol.  Jerry Jones will have to fight me for him, and I'm fairly certain I'd win that one.

Fight to the death between the gorillas? Loser gets Mike McCarthy and has to train a new gorilla?

3 hours ago, BBTV said:

Jason Kelce retiring.  6 first-team All Pros.  Lock for HOF.  Top 3 Eagle in my lifetime, along with Reggie White and Brian Dawkins.

Fortunately they already have his replacement (who he himself told them to draft), but it'll be a drop off because of course it will be.

Dominoes are falling.  I think many of us thought this was going to be at least a 4-year window of sustained success, but it's over.

He was in tears at the sideline and I wanted to give him a hug

13 hours ago, BBTV said:

Mike McCarthy staying with Dallas!?!?!?

Did not expect that.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/39331813/sources-cowboys-retain-mike-mccarthy-head-coach

Jerry's come full circle. When he first started out, he was the type of terrible owner who churned through coaches every few years because of his ego. Now, he's the type of terrible owner who keeps awful coaches forever regardless of how mediocre the team is, also because of his ego.

I'm guessing part of it is that he's 81 now - too old to rebuild.

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12

11 hours ago, Lights Out said:

too old to rebuild.

but in today's NFL, coaches can come in and take good teams over the top and win the SB in year one.  It's even common for noob-idiot coaches to take lousy coaches to the playoffs in year one.

If anything, he's being counterproductive, since he's just wasting time / life by sticking with losers, whereas he'd at least have a shot of seeing another title if he made a change for a guy that could take them over that final hump.  Not Belichick, but maybe a Carrol.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Sirianni has allegedly been meeting with Jeff Lurie and Howie all damn day, trying to sell them on his plan and going through the perspective coordinators list.  It's a rare snow day here, but it's being reported that the meeting is on and is an all-day affair.

This is the exact same they did with Pederson, though when he balked at their moves, they gave him another day or two to come up with a better plan and then canned him.  I think we'll know Sirianni's fate by this time tomorrow.

My prediction is that he'll cave to whatever they ask of him, and will be retained.  They'll hope against hope that OC Brian Johnson, the popular Rooney Rule candidate for several of the openings, actually gets a job so that they don't have to piss of Jalen any more than he already is by firing his homeboy.

They're also going to hope and pray that AJ Brown's frustrations were mostly because of the OC (and by extension, Sirianni's lack of ability to fix it) and they can get him to fall in line if they hire some proven guru.

One unlikely thing that might happen in this meeting:

A slightly more realistic scenario:

The most likely scenario:

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

20 hours ago, SFGiants58 said:

Ok, now they learned that they should keep their interim coach instead of hiring a jackanape for a head coach?

I'm guessing they couldn't get Harbaugh to answer the phone and no one else was going to improve the team more than Pierce has. 

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

Rumors of Belichick to the Falcons are picking up a LOT of steam lately.

The irony of him moving down south to coach the team he forever memed into "28-3" is not lost on me here...

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

As predicted, but now credible reports (i.e. not Josina Anderson) saying that Howie/Lurie told Sirianni that he could keep his job, only if he fires both coordinators and other coaches and either goes with their list.  Supposedly, the DC hire (Desai) was his choice as a sort of flex, and he sold them on it, even though they recommended promoting the DB coach, who was promptly fired (and is now in line to be Baltimore's next DC, go figure) 

The funny thing is that they haven't fired any coaches yet, but Howie has already made calls to agent of the guys on his list to set up interviews when it's time.

Sirianni is mulling it over, but there's no way he doesn't do whatever they tell him to do, even if it means Howie sleeping with his wife.  Fortunately for him, Hurts' professional relationship with his homeboy OC seems to have deteriorated over the year, so maybe firing him won't cause as much of a riff as previously thought.

TL;DR

Eagles are a complete dumpster fire and it's not going to get any better.  There's no way they finish higher than 3rd in the division next year.  

They went from winning 30 of last 35 regular-season games (30 of 33 if we only count Hurts' starts) and two playoff games over the past three seasons, to a complete disaster over the course of two months.  Give me another example of a turn like this - you can't.