2024 NFL Offseason

Dynasty

7 minutes ago, BBTV said:

As predicted, but now credible reports (i.e. not Josina Anderson) saying that Howie/Lurie told Sirianni that he could keep his job, only if he fires both coordinators and other coaches and either goes with their list.  Supposedly, the DC hire (Desai) was his choice as a sort of flex, and he sold them on it, even though they recommended promoting the DB coach, who was promptly fired (and is now in line to be Baltimore's next DC, go figure) 

The funny thing is that they haven't fired any coaches yet, but Howie has already made calls to agent of the guys on his list to set up interviews when it's time.

Sirianni is mulling it over, but there's no way he doesn't do whatever they tell him to do, even if it means Howie sleeping with his wife.  Fortunately for him, Hurts' professional relationship with his homeboy OC seems to have deteriorated over the year, so maybe firing him won't cause as much of a riff as previously thought.

TL;DR

Eagles are a complete dumpster fire and it's not going to get any better.  There's no way they finish higher than 3rd in the division next year.  

They went from winning 30 of last 35 regular-season games (30 of 33 if we only count Hurts' starts) and two playoff games over the past three seasons, to a complete disaster over the course of two months.  Give me another example of a turn like this - you can't.

I'd be willing to bet a hundred dollars they finish at least 2nd. They literally just finished 11-6. it's not like they went 2-15.

1 minute ago, floydnimrod said:

I'd be willing to bet a hundred dollars they finish at least 2nd. They literally just finished 11-6. it's not like they went 2-15.

No, they finished 1-6 (including the loss to TB.)

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

53 minutes ago, BBTV said:

No, they finished 1-6 (including the loss to TB.)

You guys have more right to want to dump your winning coach than we do with McDermott.

You can tell when the players quit on a coach. It's happening with the Lakers right now and it's happened already with the Eagles.

Siriani isn't owed a head coaching spot. If he wants to be an :censored: to players and do things his own way,  I'm sure Temple would take him no problem.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

49 minutes ago, DG_ThenNowForever said:

If he wants to be an :censored: to players

To be fair, there's no indication that's the case.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

It's believed that the "former head coach" is Frank Reich, who was the OC when they won the SB (though Pederson was calling plays.)

Another rumored name for OC is Jim Bob Cooter.  I have no idea whether he's good or not.  But they can't do anything on the offensive side while Brian Johnson is Rooney Ruling, so it'll take a few weeks.  But the fact that Sirianni himself called Desai to fire him seems to indicate that he's capitulated and is returning,  I'm not sure if this is good or not.  Leaning towards not, as a full house cleaning seems warranted, but I'll talk myself into liking it.

He’s got a great relationship with Jeff Lurie from when  he coached here before, and they (reportedly) want someone that’s not going to leave for a HC job. Someone that can be like the HC of the defense so Sirianni has even less to think about (not sure what he even thinks about besides dumb analogies and how to taunt opposing fans). 

27 minutes ago, Cosmic said:

Is that a stock photo from LinkedIn, or is that what he actually looks like?

Based on the website, the latter.  He only played seven years and retired because of injuries.  

So, they’ll be the offseason champions for, what, the last decade? 

A fish rots from the head. Spanos has to go for the Chargers to succeed. Fitting their team HQ is in a place that translates to “The Second” because that’s all they’ll ever be in LA or the AFC Weat until proven otherwise.